What is in the card for future UPS?

anonymous23456

This 117 years company has only 3 choices.

1. Go private. If it wants to control its future, it needs to shed Wall Street control. However, this won't be enough. It has to keep its workforce at a smaller size while inventing new business stream to generate income.
2. Shut down completely and return cash to shareholders.
3. Go bankrupt and lose everything.

There will be no merger or buyout from any company/investor with unionized workforce. It can only be possible if Amazon is unionized, FedEx is unionized, and DHL is unionized.

1. Go private. If it wants to control its future, it needs to shed Wall Street control. However, this won't be enough. It has to keep its workforce at a smaller size while inventing new business stream to generate income.
why would a CEO care about the future? they're here to deliver quarterly results to shareholders; no publicly traded company chief cares about anything else

the rest of your post is too doomer to reply to

anonymous23456

why would a CEO care about the future? they're here to deliver quarterly results to shareholders; no publicly traded company chief cares about anything else

I agree. Tome, the next CEO, and the next CEO will squeeze UPS for profits so that they can make millions in salary and stock options. One day, UPS will just go bankrupted and valuable assets will be sold to vulture companies.

I agree. Tome, the next CEO, and the next CEO will squeeze UPS for profits so that they can make millions in salary and stock options. One day, UPS will just go bankrupted and valuable assets will be sold to vulture companies.
ehh, I would agree except literally every other company out there is the same

corporate America as a whole is just as diseased as our political class in DC; the whole thing needs an abrupt correction

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

There will be no merger or buyout from any company/investor with unionized workforce. It can only be possible if Amazon is unionized, FedEx is unionized, and DHL is unionized.
Lol.

Quite the little fantasy you've cooked up here regarding the options UPS has.

Or maybe just a really crazy idea...

Go back to what we do the best, or what we used to do the best

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Amazon is only getting better and getting more customers. Unless there is some unknown thing that we don't know yet which will cause Amazon to fall.
Ask Pepsi or Burger King if they should’ve closed up shop.

And I hate you more than when you talk politics

Because you made me agree with this dope!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I have no problem with that. Wall Street thinks it should be 15 billion and more at some point.
Uh... Huh...

So "Wall Street" is expecting 50% annualized returns?
Because that's what 15 billion in profit per quarter would be.

I think you are just making up numbers.
2.5 billion a quarter would be a > 8% annual return at the current market cap.

Might not be our best work, but it's quite reasonable.

anonymous23456

Uh... Huh...

So "Wall Street" is expecting 50% annualized returns?
Because that's what 15 billion in profit per quarter would be.

I think you are just making up numbers.
2.5 billion a quarter would be a > 8% annual return at the current market cap.

Might not be our best work, but it's quite reasonable.
Greed has no ceiling. Otherwise, UPS would not have to layoff 12K employees and so on. It didn't lose money in 2023!