What is the deal with Amazon P-1 all of a sudden?

SmithBarney

Not sure why, but I think Amazon is testing our systems, I have friends at FedEx stations throughout the country it has happened to them at random times in the past few months.

Reversethrusters are you in an area affected by the hurricane? or is your closest Amazon distribution point?

vantexan

Like you would have a clue! Still mostly p2 and express saver here. outlying area may get some P1
As I said, just speculating. But as I put in almost 30 years, was a swing twice and 4X10 cover driver 3 times, worked at multiple stations with dozens of different mgrs, I think I can speculate about such things.

bacha29

Earlier this week the USPS filed for the largest rate increase in it's history. Rate increases for the classes of shipping Amazon used range form 9.3% to 12.9% . If approved the new rates will take effect on January 27 2019 . Now could this action be some type of counter measure by Bezos in an effort to voice his displeasure over the proposed rate increase? WH has expressed their desire for the USPS to become a private venture but 58 billion in debt who would want it? What do you guys think?

Swngdrvr

Happened at my station last week. It was a glitch in Amazon's system due to an update. Took their engineers 4 days to fix it then all went back to normal.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Earlier this week the USPS filed for the largest rate increase in it's history. Rate increases for the classes of shipping Amazon used range form 9.3% to 12.9% . If approved the new rates will take effect on January 27 2019 . Now could this action be some type of counter measure by Bezos in an effort to voice his displeasure over the proposed rate increase? WH has expressed their desire for the USPS to become a private venture but 58 billion in debt who would want it? What do you guys think?
Maybe if they hire you as a consultant?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Earlier this week the USPS filed for the largest rate increase in it's history. Rate increases for the classes of shipping Amazon used range form 9.3% to 12.9% . If approved the new rates will take effect on January 27 2019 . Now could this action be some type of counter measure by Bezos in an effort to voice his displeasure over the proposed rate increase?

He's going to pay a major increase for Express P1 because he doesn't want to pay a minor increase for the USPS?