What is the "INIT" fee charged on payroll?

bluehdmc

Now that's funny!

Like that's going to happen. Union Initiation fee being grieved and the Union will have to return the money.
Still laughing over this one!

Not sure if you're just kidding again hoax, but I was already in the teamsters when I went to work for UPS. UPS went ahead and took my initiation fees out of my check and I contacted someone at the union, I had to send a seperate check to the union for a "transfer fee", then the union sent me a check for the overpaid initiation fees. I forget exactly the way it worked but I was REFUNDED a portion of the money.:happy-very:

helenofcalifornia

Speaking of sales leads, our center manager is sending out warning letters to people who are still accidently using the old delivery notices. (specifically, a driver on a route other than his, grabbed some notices out of the back of the truck, not checking them) A warning letter over this???? And the drivers are going to go right out and get more sales leads after getting a warning letter? I don't think so. Sometimes management doesn't seem to know which way the wind is blowing.

iowa boy

That's really not the point of the grievance. The point would be to get someone to actually find out what the fee is for. At this time it's just spec of what it is for. Right?

Thanks Trp, that was the point I was trying to get across, just used the wrong words to try and explain.

And Hoax, thanks for keeping me honest, i need that sometimes:happy-very:

satellitedriver

That's really not the point of the grievance. The point would be to get someone to actually find out what the fee is for. At this time it's just spec of what it is for. Right?
Just being the Devils advocate.
If the union received the money erroneously, would they notify the employee immediately and return the money?
I think not.
The onus is squarely on "the teamsters" accounting dept, if they received the monies.
IMHO
P.S.,
How does one file a grievance against "the union".?

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Just being the Devils advocate.
If the union received the money erroneously, would they notify the employee immediately and return the money?
I think not.
The onus is squarely on "the teamsters" accounting dept, if they received the monies.
IMHO
P.S.,

Important to remember, I still have no solid sure answer as to what the INIT charge is, since I am and have been paying union dues for over a year.

satellitedriver

Speaking of sales leads, our center manager is sending out warning letters to people who are still accidently using the old delivery notices. (specifically, a driver on a route other than his, grabbed some notices out of the back of the truck, not checking them) A warning letter over this???? And the drivers are going to go right out and get more sales leads after getting a warning letter? I don't think so. Sometimes management doesn't seem to know which way the wind is blowing.
What's the deal with the old delivery notices?
UPS sent me a memo not to use any notice that ended under a certain number.
I never question, when given a direct request.
I do not ask and they do not tell why.
Did the Taliban find some use for old delivery notices?
So, my question, to y'all, is what is the deal with delivery notices?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think that it would not be a grievance per se but would rather be a letter detailing the incident/issue in question, with any supporting documentation, send by certified mail to the union hall. As long as you have your ducks in a row the issue should be one that could be easily resolved without bringing emotion in to the equation.

What's the deal with the old delivery notices?
UPS sent me a memo not to use any notice that ended under a certain number.
I never question, when given a direct request.
I do not ask and they do not tell why.
Did the Taliban find some use for old delivery notices?
So, my question, to y'all, is what is the deal with delivery notices?
From what I can tell they reworded the del notes to no longer reflect that we hold pre paid NI3 packages for a week before sending them back to the shipper. It seems as this is a really big deal and has many management personnel with their panties in a wad.

satellitedriver

From what I can tell they reworded the del notes to no longer reflect that we hold pre paid NI3 packages for a week before sending them back to the shipper. It seems as this is a really big deal and has many management personnel with their panties in a wad.
That doesn't wash with me.
No offense to you trpinkl,
No where on a delivery notice (old or new) does it state we will hold a package for any time after three attempts.
They blew off ,with out a word, the 5 inch long multi-lingual delivery notices.
When I got a memo (that I should have saved )that stated, if I used a delivery notice under a certain number I would be held responsible.
My question is responsible for what?
I still have some of the" illegal" notices and I will compare them to the legal ones and get back to ya,.
No big deal, but something doesn't smell right.

That doesn't wash with me.
No offense to you trpinkl,
No where on a delivery notice (old or new) does it state we will hold a package for any time after three attempts.
They blew off ,with out a word, the 5 inch long multi-lingual delivery notices.
When I got a memo (that I should have saved )that stated, if I used a delivery notice under a certain number I would be held responsible.
My question is responsible for what?
I still have some of the" illegal" notices and I will compare them to the legal ones and get back to ya,.
No big deal, but something doesn't smell right.
No offense taken. That wasn't my opinion or an excuse I was offering up. The info I posted was what I was told when I asked the same thing you did. I asked them what notices ever said anything about how long we held packages before returning them, they didn't have an answer, just told me to do as I am instructed.

UPSGUY72

I asked in my center, they said they thought it was union dues. I then showed them, no, there is the "Union Dues" line. They then looked at me & said "They Would Work On That" (guess that came back to bite me)

Any ideas?

When I started part time my Initiation Fee was $400 they take $25 a week except on the week when you pay Union Dues untill the $400 is paid about 4 months.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When I started part time my Initiation Fee was $400 they take $25 a week except on the week when you pay Union Dues untill the $400 is paid about 4 months.

It seems to me the P/T get absolutely screwed by the Union and does nothing but give away everything for the part-timers to take care of the Full-timers.

As a Part-timer, do you feel like you get your money's worth?

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
It seems to me the P/T get absolutely screwed by the Union and does nothing but give away everything for the part-timers to take care of the Full-timers.

As a Part-timer, do you feel like you get your money's worth?

Union dues and initiation fees constitute a huge % of my gross pay. I was about to write something very negative about that - but the benefits are great

BrownBlue

New Jack
So, FYI the company is responsible for deducting the amount for any union charge from your paycheck. The union just gets a check with a list of names of those who are current on dues because of check, if a person is not on list or classed as new hire, union informs UPS payroll the amount owed, this is where a lot of the errors stem from. I've dealt with dues issues soo many times, and it always has been payrolls error. Most the time it is due to incompetence and not some plan to undermine union solidarity. UPS payroll has high turn over, so the errors will continue. Don't let management fool you into believing that it is the union, so you get off their back onto the back of those they usually hate. Pay issues should be resolved by next paycheck, your management team is incompetent.

there is an initial amount of union dues, due up front in some areas. how long have u been with ups? sometimes they split it up, in your first few checks, have u paid any dues prior to this?

UPSGUY72

Union dues and initiation fees constitute a huge % of my gross pay. I was about to write something very negative about that - but the benefits are great

your union dues are a little over 2 1/2 hour of pay a MONTH how is that a huge % of your gross pay. Which if you due the math is less than 1.5% of your yearly pay without counting your overtime.

I consider that at bargin