What is the "INIT" fee charged on payroll?

Billy

the info notice is a big deal because of the numbers used on them. A customer is not able to track their package with the old ones because of software changes. To make sure you're using the correct ones check the back of the notice for the dates >01/09

the info notice is a big deal because of the numbers used on them. A customer is not able to track their package with the old ones because of software changes. To make sure you're using the correct ones check the back of the notice for the dates >01/09
Then they should have said that from the get-go. Instead they make up a mumbo jumbo excuse that makes no freakin sense.

drewed

Shankman
I would think that it would not be a grievance per se but would rather be a letter detailing the incident/issue in question, with any supporting documentation, send by certified mail to the union hall. As long as you have your ducks in a row the issue should be one that could be easily resolved without bringing emotion in to the equation.
Cant he write his state labor bored, stating his union isnt properly representing him, if that fell through?

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I found out, for certain, what the INIT fee was - Union initiation fees.

Funny thing is, I've been paying $25 every two weeks to this for a year. Damn, those initiation fees are expensive.

I found out, for certain, what the INIT fee was - Union initiation fees.

Funny thing is, I've been paying $25 every two weeks to this for a year. Damn, those initiation fees are expensive.
If you know how much you have paid, you should be able to find out if they may taking too much out by mistake. Evidently the INIT fee varies across the country.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
If you know how much you have paid, you should be able to find out if they may taking too much out by mistake. Evidently the INIT fee varies across the country.

I was kind of being facetious - they have been taking $25 every 2 weeks - for a year. Steward said it is clearly a mistake. Oh, and they took it out again today.

I was kind of being facetious - they have been taking $25 every 2 weeks - for a year. Steward said it is clearly a mistake. Oh, and they took it out again today.
I have no idea what the INIT fee is anymore. If it is too much, I'm sure you can work it out. From what I have been told for years(as has been mentioned here before) is that the dues/fees to be paid to the union are done by the union billing the co. If they don't bill for your's the company doesn't take it out. I know pretty obvious. Anyway, maybe the union can just not bill for your for upcoming dues till you are square.

thebrownbox

I would think Initiation Dues but you have been an employee for awhile so my thinking is htey screwed up and are taking the initiation fee out over and over again. Talk to your steward or your BA see what they say.

That happened to me when I first started.. I got as high as $300 something and then the next paycheck it somehow started over again..

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
If someone were in LU773, initiation fees are listed as ranging from $175 to $275. At $25/month, it seems to me it would take 11 months of payments to cover initiation fees for someone who had worked (even only 1 day) at what would likely be the highest paying job in that local. Hope this helps.

Speaking of sales leads, our center manager is sending out warning letters to people who are still accidently using the old delivery notices. (specifically, a driver on a route other than his, grabbed some notices out of the back of the truck, not checking them) A warning letter over this???? And the drivers are going to go right out and get more sales leads after getting a warning letter? I don't think so. Sometimes management doesn't seem to know which way the wind is blowing.
That's happening in our center as well, Helen. Just one more thing for them to nit pick.