What is the meanest thing you have heard about a driver doing on the road..

NHDRVR

A fellow driver was telling me of a particular condo he delivers to and every Friday he has a pkg for a woman he calls the 'cookie-lady'. The stop, per his description, goes something like this...
Gets buzzed in and goes down the hall to the left where the Cookie-Lady has already opened the door (The reason the door is always open when he gets to it is that she is 4 foot nothing and 1,300 lbs. and she can't get off the couch which is, you guessed it, near the door.)
He grabs the sig. and tells me that while he is walking away he can hear her literally tear in to the box and devour the contents.

Well,

last summer the stop is going as planned until the time when she leaned up to grab the diad and the side of the couch broke and on the floor she lands. (My friends description was 'earth moving') He said she is trying to adjust her moo-moo to maintain some sort of modesty but her stubby little arms couldn't reach back/up/down/around far enough to do anything.
(described as the little brother in "A Christmas Story" who was all wrapped up for winter and couldn't put his arms down.)

So, my friend is standing there taking this all in, she is face down, can't turn herself over, can't adjust her moo-moo, her cookies are somewhere she can't reach which is what I think is really bothering her, and my buddy doesn't know what to do...
He told me he was not going to be able to help her up alone, NO WAY.
He asked if he could get a neighbor and he thinks she said no but her face was buried in the carpet and he said he couldn't understand what was being said so...

he left her there.

That's what he told me. He left her there. He walked away like nothing ever happened and he was simply happy he got rid of the stop. Yes, I laughed. Yes, I am still laughing. And yes, it is probably one of the meaner things I heard a driver been a part of which leads me to ask- What is the meanest thing (or saddest) that you have done or have heard being done??

City Driver

thats not mean, he helped her

maybe she will lay there for 2 weeks without being able to eat or move and will lose a few hundred pounds

people like that are disgusting and shouldnt be catered to

Catatonic

Nine Lives
thats not mean, he helped her

maybe she will lay there for 2 weeks without being able to eat or move and will lose a few hundred pounds

people like that are disgusting and shouldnt be catered to

Almost as disgusting as people who pee between trailers on the dock. :wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Heard that one feeder driver (Phil) pulled his tractor in front of a tractor at a meet point where the other drivers was asleep. He then turned on his lights and then laid down on his horn.

That is as mean as it gets to another UPSer.

Considerable lack of judgment.

NHDRVR

Heard that one feeder driver (Phil) pulled his tractor in front of a tractor at a meet point where the other drivers was asleep. He then turned on his lights and then laid down on his horn.

That is as mean as it gets to another UPSer.

Considerable lack of judgment.

Now that's funny...

City Driver

<chuckling> Didn't I tell ya City, you probably wouldn't live that down? :peaceful:

i think the reason the real UPSers are afraid to pee outside is they dont want somebody to see there small package operation they got goin on in there pants

banana-dance1.gif

bluehdmc

I don't think city driver is the only one. I've been shifting at the meadowlands lately and as part of "pito" training we're supposed to walk to the back of the trailer, banging on the sides and check that the rollup door is closed.
Maybe it's the humid weather but there seems to be an "aroma" near the back of a lot of trailers.
It can be about 20 bays between entrance doors to the building, then UPS doesn't seem to place too many bathrooms in the building, often not near the door (and some have a combo lock on the door), so I guess the "urgent need" may be why there is this "aroma".

konsole

my old neighbor use to be a driver and he had a saying called DR River. Which I guess DR stands for Driver Release. and so Driver Release River means obviously releasing the packages into the river :-) He said that he would rather chuck them in the river then come back to the building with packages and get scorned by management. I laughed my butt off when I heard that.

705red

Browncafe Steward
i think the reason the real UPSers are afraid to pee outside is they dont want somebody to see there small package operation they got goin on in there pants

banana-dance1.gif
Just because we are classified small ackage do not read anything into that.

UPS drivers make 3 attempts and if you ask nicely we will stick the package in your rear!

City Driver

Just because we are classified small ackage do not read anything into that.

UPS drivers make 3 attempts and if you ask nicely we will stick the package in your rear!

yea but freight drivers use much longer and wider equipment and we know how to get it into very tight spaces

Big Babooba

Just because we are classified small package do not read anything into that.

That's Right!!! You freight guys dump your load at the curb and run. We package guys truly "service" the customer.

[video=youtube;GpPgG54chN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpPgG54chN0[/video]

Big Babooba

each of our stops takes atleast 20 minutes....you small package guys slide in, and your gone 30 seconds later.....thats not really servicing the customer if u ask me
30 seconds of "OH WOW, YOU'RE GREAT. COME BACK SOON -YOU'RE ALWAYS WELCOME" is a lot better than 20 minutes of "YAWN. ARE YOU DONE YET? WHEN ARE YOU LEAVING?".:happy-very: