What is the policy on call ins?

Petyr Baelish

Apologies if this is in the wrong section or has been asked 10 million times.

I have a week of unscheduled vacation I need to use on the last week of October, and there's no reason I can find that I shouldn't be able to use it, but my center manager said no today.

I'm going on this trip regardless, :censored2: UPS I've already paid for a plane ticket, but for the short term I would rather not get fired yet, because the insurance is nice and I'd like to have it a little longer. When this week rolls around, can I just call in all 5 days? What should I expect to happen? I'm a clerk, and the only one who knows how to do my job, so I'm assuming they're not just going to fire me, but I'm expecting to get :censored2: for it.

Is there a way I can force them to give me this vacation? Everyone else on my sort gets minimum 2 days off a week except for me, so I really don't understand why he said no.

Thanks for any help.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I have a week of unscheduled vacation I need to use on the last week of October, and there's no reason I can find that I shouldn't be able to use it, but my center manager said no today.

I'm going on this trip regardless, :censored2: UPS I've already paid for a plane ticket, but for the short term I would rather not get fired yet, because the insurance is nice and I'd like to have it a little longer. When this week rolls around, can I just call in all 5 days? What should I expect to happen? I'm a clerk, and the only one who knows how to do my job, so I'm assuming they're not just going to fire me, but I'm expecting to get :censored2: for it.

Is there a way I can force them to give me this vacation? Everyone else on my sort gets minimum 2 days off a week except for me, so I really don't understand why he said no.

Thanks for any help.

Call in lasting more than 3 days needs a Drs. Note

542thruNthru

Thanks for any help.

To better help answer your question what region are you in?

Everywhere has different rules about vacation time and how they have to allow it.

542thruNthru

It all depends on your seniority and if they have already gave the minimum amount of people the time off.
Screenshot_20180703-182239.png

Petyr Baelish

It all depends on your seniority and if they have already gave the minimum amount of people the time off.
View attachment 200262

We are a smaller facility. Think 10-12 local sort employees, not counting myself. We're letting off 3-4 every single night though so we meet these unrealistic numbers set by corporate. I'm not one of those who gets a day off however.

No one else is requesting that week off either that would affect my ability to have that one week off.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We are a smaller facility. Think 10-12 local sort employees, not counting myself. We're letting off 3-4 every single night though so we meet these unrealistic numbers set by corporate. I'm not one of those who gets a day off however.

No one else is requesting that week off either that would affect my ability to have that one week off.

Do you have vacation time or not?

542thruNthru

I have 1 week of vacation showing on my paystubs, so yes. I asked to use that week of vacation for the specific week I need and he said no.

Did you ask for a reason? Are you sure no one is in the books to have that week off.

If no one is and you have the seniority then tell him you will file a grievance.

Box Ox

Thanks for any help.

I just...I can't. LOL

Petyr Baelish

Did you ask for a reason? Are you sure no one is in the books to have that week off.

If no one is and you have the seniority then tell him you will file a grievance.

I just told him I really need that week off, and I would like to use my vacation week now instead of waiting until next year to use it.

I'm positive. We have 13 people total on my sort, I've triple checked. No one else is off that week.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Last edited:

542thruNthru

Keep in mind that you do not want to comp a fake injury. Very fireable offense. But maybe your manager can give you some much needed “rest” to avoid a claim.

If you do go this route don't pretend to hurt it at work. Calling in saying you hurt it off the clock at home.