what is the purpose of pre record?

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
I use the prerecord when delivering multiple stops and loading the stops on my handcart. During peak, I will have up to 40 stops prerecorded when I use a helper.

scisector9

I use prerecord for high rise buildings and large strip malls. Park in one area have suite 600 on top floor loaded on top with the 400 suite next 300 etc. If you have multiple stops at one of these high rises they have the same load number so prerecording helps you to organize the floors and or suites as others have suggested.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Why prerecord? It will screw you up. Just follow EDD. You have to scan it anyway and get a signature.
There are some routes where you use pre-record a lot, and others where you don't need to use it at all.

On my current route I have several bulk stops at the same address so it helps to pre-scan some of the stops as I'm pulling them out of the truck using pre-record, then they sit on hold until I go to deliver them. Also there are a couple of places where I have to go to individual apartments and if they aren't there, I have to go deliver to the office, so pre-record there.

Some people use pre-record to be sketchy and deliver packages then complete them later. That can get you jammed up for dishonesty.

degill7994

Be careful using prerecord when delivering air stops. The time stamp is when you take it out of prerecord not when you originally scanned the package. We had a new driver delivering a bulk air stop scanned his first package and it wasn't in edd. He kept scanning stopped and put in prerecord to see how many were left. It was past commit time when he took it out of prerecord. Bam 40 late next day's. Try being in the office for that one.