what is the purpose of pre record?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Be careful using prerecord when delivering air stops. The time stamp is when you take it out of prerecord not when you originally scanned the package. We had a new driver delivering a bulk air stop scanned his first package and it wasn't in edd. He kept scanning stopped and put in prerecord to see how many were left. It was past commit time when he took it out of prerecord. Bam 40 late next day's. Try being in the office for that one.
I did that once accidentally when I was new. Fortunately it was only 1 or 2 NDAs.

hardcharger

We used to use pre record a lot back in the days before edd. Now I only use it when I directing a package or when we get late air out on route. I usually pre record all those stops bec they won't be in edd. I then can look at all the pre recorded stops on my diad so I won't forget any

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We used to use pre record a lot back in the days before edd. Now I only use it when I directing a package or when we get late air out on route. I usually pre record all those stops bec they won't be in edd. I then can look at all the pre recorded stops on my diad so I won't forget any

It is a waste of time to prerecord work that is shuttled out to you.

porkwagon

Be careful using prerecord when delivering air stops. The time stamp is when you take it out of prerecord not when you originally scanned the package. We had a new driver delivering a bulk air stop scanned his first package and it wasn't in edd. He kept scanning stopped and put in prerecord to see how many were left. It was past commit time when he took it out of prerecord. Bam 40 late next day's. Try being in the office for that one.
I did that too many years ago. About the same amount of NDA too. Manager was LIVID but no discipline.