What is the Union going to do when up to 30% are laid off in January?

Mooseknuckle

Up to 30% of Union members will be laid off in January.
UPS is hemorrhaging cash.
The stock price is tanking.
What is the Union going to do?
According To Dave Abney we have 100k seasonals. You really think there will be significant lay offs beyond that? In my building we usually only have a few cover drivers laid off in Feb. and only for a couple of weeks.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
According To Dave Abney we have 100k seasonals. You really think there will be significant lay offs beyond that? In my building we usually only have a few cover drivers laid off in Feb. and only for a couple of weeks.
We have many drivers take a month or 2 unpaid time off. Plenty of time for lower guys to work

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
The union will do nothing to answer your question. They will still collect dues on the laid off employees and promote the greatest contract ever and tell the 5 other supplements to vote yes for better volume so we can all work.

SafetyFirst

I was thinking a 30% layoff would be a bad headline for UPS but it could also be perceived as a positive for the stock in some eyes. I guess things will be interesting.

In my building we've just had really uneven dispatches. We have guys out till 10 and some guys back at 5. It's been pretty unusual.

Indecisi0n

I was thinking a 30% layoff would be a bad headline for UPS but it could also be perceived as a positive for the stock in some eyes. I guess things will be interesting.

In my building we've just had really uneven dispatches. We have guys out till 10 and some guys back at 5. It's been pretty unusual.
I read no layoffs under 40%.

WTFm8

The option to work inside is always available so how can laid off workers collect unemployment? From my understanding as long as you can work no matter how few hours or less pay you’re ineligible to collect unemployment.

LOL, you can still collect on wage difference.

Say you make $600/wk driving but $150/wk inside, you can file on that income difference.