What is the Union going to do when up to 30% are laid off in January?

dudebro

Up to 30% of Union members will be laid off in January.
UPS is hemorrhaging cash.
The stock price is tanking.
What is the Union going to do?
Missing the profit plan by 40M on 4B worth of revenue with free cash flow of 900M is not exactly "hemorrhaging cash". It's not a good trend though.

We haven't seen what the cost numbers will look like with 22.4 drivers yet...

boxdust

I find it amazing that several of the people on here that are screaming that the sky is falling and the comp. is going down In flames. are the same people who just a few short months ago were say " this company has never been more profitable and we deserve to make $50 per hour." the stock price will rise and fall volume isn't a consistent thing and market shares change. calm down deliver your boxes and go home. or if you want to make decisions about how the company works go be a manager and pretend that you have power.

$see$gone

No OT for any hourly. That is what the 30% will be doing for work. My center ran an 8.15 avg. plan the last 2 wks. Feeders still have more drivers to hire after this non peak is over. Heard UPS turned down or put a cap on amazon this peak.

babboo25

Banned
I find it amazing that several of the people on here that are screaming that the sky is falling and the comp. is going down In flames. are the same people who just a few short months ago were say " this company has never been more profitable and we deserve to make $50 per hour." the stock price will rise and fall volume isn't a consistent thing and market shares change. calm down deliver your boxes and go home. or if you want to make decisions about how the company works go be a manager and pretend that you have power.
Best post ever!

babboo25

Banned
Trim some fat with management, we were swamped week after thanksgiving, UPS brought in 25+ supervisors/IE/HR to run routes/work preload, they finally left last week. If they aren’t needed at their positions during peak they sure aren’t needed any other time right?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No OT for any hourly. That is what the 30% will be doing for work. My center ran an 8.15 avg. plan the last 2 wks. Feeders still have more drivers to hire after this non peak is over. Heard UPS turned down or put a cap on amazon this peak.
No worries for me, I run at least two hours over.

Perhaps now most drivers will start working by "the methods"???

WTFm8

Trim some fat with management, we were swamped week after thanksgiving, UPS brought in 25+ supervisors/IE/HR to run routes/work preload, they finally left last week. If they aren’t needed at their positions during peak they sure aren’t needed any other time right?

... sounds like my building, central PA.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Did they pay their subsequent monthly dues and initiation fees???

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
FC7B325D-918B-449A-B119-BEF23D132213.gif
Can they keep our retro pay if they “need it” ??