What is the worst day you ever had at UPS?

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Whatever it is, you’ll say it again sometime soon.

How many times have you walked up to your package car and said “I’ve never had a load look as :censored2:ty as this does today”.

Yet you continue to say it.
I know what you mean That has happened a lot to me the last 2 months I guess that is why I am chillin at home today

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They sent us out in a hurricane once. It was raining the hardest I have ever seen. It was blowing horizontally. It was like walking in a swiming pool. That day sucked.

Not me but I'm sure my driver is having one. I put all the packages in order from 1000 and up lmao. Switched my sheets too so the trucks were mixed LMAO. Man i bet they'll be out there till midnight. Oh and the cheese and turkey meat stuffed in the hazard slot will be niceeee in a few days.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Not me but I'm sure my driver is having one. I put all the packages in order from 1000 and up lmao. Switched my sheets too so the trucks were mixed LMAO. Man i bet they'll be out there till midnight. Oh and the cheese and turkey meat stuffed in the hazard slot will be niceeee in a few days.
one time when I had a roommate who I wasn’t getting along with I moved out...on the last day I taped a half eaten ham sandwich to the ceiling of the closet. I never heard about it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Worst day for me was about 20 yrs ago. Nothing worse then walking up the ramp to the dock at a stop and turning around to watch your truck going across the parking lot. Not a good feeling!!

Been there, done that. But not a parking lot, a rural drive way (aka: bobsled track jeep trail).

Kind of icy, but I could see patches of gravel in it. I knew if I made it to the top, I could swing around to come back down. So, I hammered my little 500, and clawed my way almost to the top. Slid down a little until I hit some gravel, and I thought it would hold.

As I was walking up, I turned and saw my truck slowly sliding back down said jeep track. Nothing I could do, so I finished the delivery. Luckily, the berms on either side of the track kept it on the drive, and it slid across the road at the bottom and stopped in the empty yard of a pallet mill.

Far from my worst day, and I laughed my butt off after that one.

Jötunn

another belt motor bites the dust
I only just made my 30 days and got seniority, but so far, it was my first day-sort sunday. Day-sorters will extoll their hatred for sunday, but the management at my hub didn't see this one coming somehow. I was in for about 12 hours and 45 minutes, from 11:30 AM on 1/7 to 12:15 AM 1/8. A couple of the other guys at my PD stuck it out until 2:30 AM. Went back in for a 10:00 start later that morning, volunteers from twi came in to help since most of us were barely on our feet until the caffeine kicked in. Not the worst workday I have done, but it was unexpected, and now, I fully expect a whole lot more :censored2: to come down those belts.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Bologna, troll.

MC0493

Another worst day I've had was certainly the first few after i became permanent. I was straight thrown to the wolves my first day, 240 stops out blind knowing absolutely nothing. Definitely thought about quitting for a bit, anxiety and stress was so bad I'd be throwing up or feel nauseous every morning. Really glad those days are gone. I also had my truck slide away from me not too long ago, ran after it and had to hop in and stop it. Not something i ever wish to repeat. Much more cautious about parking now

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'd give this a derail but we seem to have done away with any rating that might hurt feelings.

iruhnman630

I'm not sure if it is good or bad that I can't single out one specific bad day, just a series of choices...

Killed-a-dog day, never-ending work days, snow nightmares, mourning personal losses, early-career days full of terror of screwing up, etc etc...

Last edited:

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Been there, done that. But not a parking lot, a rural drive way (aka: bobsled track jeep trail).

Kind of icy, but I could see patches of gravel in it. I knew if I made it to the top, I could swing around to come back down. So, I hammered my little 500, and clawed my way almost to the top. Slid down a little until I hit some gravel, and I thought it would hold.

As I was walking up, I turned and saw my truck slowly sliding back down said jeep track. Nothing I could do, so I finished the delivery. Luckily, the berms on either side of the track kept it on the drive, and it slid across the road at the bottom and stopped in the empty yard of a pallet mill.

Far from my worst day, and I laughed my butt off after that one.
Dude...if I saw my truck rolling away I’d fall to my knees screaming laughing

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
one of the days i was a new dispatcher and i :censored2:ed up assigning too much bulk to my mall routes and didn’t have a plan for when they blew out (which it did horribly)

it was a huge mess and i was pretty humiliated

Indecisi0n

They sent us out in a hurricane once. It was raining the hardest I have ever seen. It was blowing horizontally. It was like walking in a swiming pool. That day sucked.
Had that happen here once and the sup the next day tried to pull me in the office for times. I didn't know if I should laugh when it said that or punch him. I started walking out his office and he directed me to stay and talk about it. At that point I literally didn't care if I lost my job or not and just walked out as he yelled my name. It never came up again. It' moments like this that really made me start to thinking of changing careers.