What is the worst day you ever had at UPS?

JackStraw

Back in the day I was counting my C.O.D. cash and getting my turn in ready. I felt the truck shaking and rocking slightly. Thought it was another driver messing around. It wasn't. Truck was rolling. Didn't turn out bad but it coulda!!

ski or die

Ski or Die
The day I retired. Knowing that I would never have to come in and be harassed and treated like a piece of &$%t everyday. Boy I sure miss that. I try to make up for it by sitting on my boat on the lake and letting the fish break my line and laugh at me.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
After all the years roll by , hard to recall the worst day , they’ve all ran in together !
Saddest and most memorable was
September 11 th , truly a sad day and seemed like I’d never get home

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I drove from Target to the center with 200 p/u pieces with the back door open. I was stuck with a truck with barnyard doors and forgot to shut them. I had to manually count every piece when I got back to make sure. Thankfully I had all 200.

Best part was no one said anything to me the next day. Live and let live....

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I drove from Target to the center with 200 p/u pieces with the back door open. I was stuck with a truck with barnyard doors and forgot to shut them. I had to manually count every piece when I got back to make sure. Thankfully I had all 200.

Best part was no one said anything to me the next day. Live and let live....
We have all had the door open deer look in our eyes experience !
Glad it was ok

rod

Retired 22 years
We have all had the door open deer look in our eyes experience !
Glad it was ok

Years ago I had the doors on an old P400 pop open while running down the highway with a butt load of snowmobile parts at about 50 in a snowstorm. Luckily I had the bulkhead door open and heard the extra noise and pulled over. A snow plow coming behind me blasted all the packages in the road into the ditch- I'm sure he thought it was funny. I gathered up what I could find and told the boss about it. We counted the packages and I was missing 6 or 7 of them. All he said was if any claims were file I was responsible. I never heard any more about it.

Wit Cho Yo Goofass

It was the summer before last, terrible rain all over town. Streets flooded, driving under the viadocks life oks like you’re literally on Splash Mountain. I get to work and park in the front row & when I get out the water is past my ankles... as I walk to the doors my umbrella goes to :censored2: turning inside out... and from my car to the door I’m literally drenched. I go inside to tell whatever management person would hear me out that I was not working in such conditions... the Hub manager went and got me a drivers pants and a hoodie and told me I would be fine. I was so baffled i took the pants and hoodie and just changed into it. I had no choice but to laugh about it cause i could have always cried like a little baby.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
the worst day as a driver, that I remember, was a 8:40 to 11:30pm night in 2014. I finished my route around 6:45pm and was sent to help a driver out who had a breakdown.

I took off something like 25 or 30 stops but they were in a town which I had never delivered.

The kicker was it was a torrential rainstorm at that point and visibility was very low.. I did not have a flashlight with me (stupid) and the UPS trucks (851***) headlights were useless as any I've ever seen. Roads were ponding if not flooding. Could not see any house numbers whatsoever, so I had to drive a little, stop get out and look, rinse/repeat.

The horror was around 9pm, having to deliver one of those giant EZ closets, I think it was 8 huge pcs., down a 200-300 foot driveway. I couldn't risk backing down. The customer did not know whether to be angry or feel sorry for me. It took several trips down that damn driveway and probably 10 minutes and I am still drying off from that night.

El Correcto

god is dead
I love each and everyday at UPS. I’m truly blessed to be working in their package car division. The worst day will be when I die or become too old and unhealthy to get a DOT card, forced into retirement.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Every Thursday when I find out I worked more hours last week than previous week, but received less money than the previous week because of tax.

ManInBrown

Friday before Memorial Day about 4 years ago, before I got my bid route. Sent out with 3 bulk stops in 3 different towns, and 140 house stops in a town I didn’t even know how to get to. Needless to say the truck was loaded like sheet and I ended up having to backtrack to bulk stop 1 and 2 twice, because I couldn’t find everything. Started the house work at 5:30. Brought back 80 missed at 10:45. They learned the hard way to never try that again.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The day I retired. Knowing that I would never have to come in and be harassed and treated like a piece of &$%t everyday. Boy I sure miss that. I try to make up for it by sitting on my boat on the lake and letting the fish break my line and laugh at me.
Sitting outside listening to music at Wanee festival myself.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
dadd09e2e07752cd788f68541be55c7101bf7387fede9fd80c727ed441b2ad5b.jpg