What is the worst day you ever had at UPS?

PhatPattheRiverRat

Ever have one of those days where you wanna go all Bill Murray in Groundhog Day (that scene where he drives off the cliff with the groundhog, or wait, I think the groundhog is the driver)? What was the worst of it? Misery loves company...get to it.

PhatPattheRiverRat

09/11/2001

Grow up.... junior.

I may be 33, but I'l never grow up. Yeah, that was a :censored2:ty day. I remember my dad was on a plane to Pittsburgh...freaked me out.

What changes happened that week? Way more security I'm guessing? Probably an awful time to be working and driving. An awful time for everyone, never forget it.

rod

Retired 22 years
One of the worst days I remember was one winter evening when I was delivering a new country route blind. No cell phones at that time. It was like 8 at night and I had another 15 or so stops left-didn’t have a clue where any of them were. I came to a country intersection and knew if I turned right I would be headed back in the direction of town. I sat at that intersection for 5 minutes while considering if I should quit UPS or not.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Whatever it is, you’ll say it again sometime soon.

How many times have you walked up to your package car and said “I’ve never had a load look as :censored2:ty as this does today”.

Yet you continue to say it.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Ever have one of those days where you wanna go all Bill Murray in Groundhog Day (that scene where he drives off the cliff with the groundhog, or wait, I think the groundhog is the driver)? What was the worst of it? Misery loves company...get to it.
everyone has bad days, occasionally during my deliverings I see less fortunate people falling on hard times. Even though UPS is exhausting and can wear you down it’s important to remember that some people would love to have your job. Nobody wants to hear the UPS man that makes 90k a year complain he’s having a bad day..

Poop Head

Judge me.
everyone has bad days, occasionally during my deliverings I see less fortunate people falling on hard times. Even though UPS is exhausting and can wear you down it’s important to remember that some people would love to have your job. Nobody wants to hear the UPS man that makes 90k a year complain he’s having a bad day..
Growing up, whenever I'd be complaining about stuff, my Dad would say "shut up bitch, people could be shooting at you" and everything magically got better

rod

Retired 22 years

Especially the guy making over $200,000 a year.

MC0493

Everytime I think I've had one of my worst days, another one comes along and tops it a few months later. One of the worst days I've probably had recently was the day after a snowstorm with temps in the single digits and heavy winds. Route i was sent out on was about a 9pm night on a sunny day in June. I think i gave away 60+ stops and still worked close to 14 hours. I hate when i'm sent off to basically do the impossible. Just makes for a miserable day especially if you can't get your head on straight.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
snowstorm with temps in the single digits and heavy winds. Route i was sent out on was about a 9pm night on a sunny day in June. I think i gave away 60+ stops and still worked close to 14 hours
EC stops that take a long time and go back to center , they want you to run under on your planned day. They don’t care about service..they would never let a driver work 14 hrs in my Center.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Closed a bar on a Thursday night. It was 95 and humid the next day. I can still remember how I felt. Never did that again.
Had a huge party on a Thursday night. Sup even attended and told me I'd be off the next day no problem.

The sun came up before we went to bed. Called in at like 8:15 just to double check. We good? Nope had tons of call ins (probably all of the other bastards at the party) we need you. FML