What is the worst stop on your route?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Sober, I'm in same center as jlamanski and I think you are too thin skinned and hefty to survive our heavy dispatches and hot, humid Florida climate! Does your name also imply you have problems with alcohol also?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

If you think Florida is the only place with heavy dispatches and challenging conditions, you are mistaken.

I don't have a problem with alcohol. Its been 17 years since I have picked up a drink. No problem.

Raw

Raw Member
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

If you think Florida is the only place with heavy dispatches and challenging conditions, you are mistaken.

I don't have a problem with alcohol. Its been 17 years since I have picked up a drink. No problem.
Counting years? That says it all! Congrats on that I guess, too bad you couldn't drink responsibly initially

soberups

I will attest to that. Raw is in top shape for a 25 + year employee, and over 50. Plus, he is not thin skinned. You Northern guys are wound too tight, and appear to have low self
Esteem.

Sent using BrownCafe App

People with good self esteem don't need to degrade and dehumanize others by calling them "porkers".

That sort of childish behavior is typically a tool used to cover up personal shortcomings and feelings of inadequacy.

Kindness and compassion are the qualities of a real man.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
People with good self esteem don't need to degrade and dehumanize others by calling them "porkers".

That sort of childish behavior is typically a tool used to cover up personal shortcomings and feelings of inadequacy.

You keep trying, but you won't make them see.

They're stuck on what they eat for lunch and what's in your fridge.

Better to let them spin they're own wheels. Don't waste your breath.

Sent using a Potato

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

As a woman, I agree with you 100%.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Well, this week I think I was finally able to decide with near certainty what my worst stop is. It's a turnpike service station where you have to buzz yourself in and out through a gate. They get a ton of things every day and are only responsive about 50% of the time. Sometimes you have to buzz five times and they still don't respond, so you have to get out and run across the the truck stop to tell them in person to open the gate, whether it's getting in or leaving, then run back to the truck. Even if you ask them to get the gate for you as you're leaving, you still end up playing the buzzing game. I've often wasted 15 minutes on that one stop.

soberups

Well, this week I think I was finally able to decide with near certainty what my worst stop is. It's a turnpike service station where you have to buzz yourself in and out through a gate. They get a ton of things every day and are only responsive about 50% of the time. Sometimes you have to buzz five times and they still don't respond, so you have to get out and run across the the truck stop to tell them in person to open the gate, whether it's getting in or leaving, then run back to the truck. Even if you ask them to get the gate for you as you're leaving, you still end up playing the buzzing game. I've often wasted 15 minutes on that one stop.
The first time I waited 15 minutes at a buzzer would also be my last.

Give them 90 seconds to get that gate open, then record the packages as Closed 1 and leave. Repeat daily. Once they start getting postcards and start having to drive in to the customer counter to get their packages...or wind up having them RTS'd...they will figure out a way to get the gate open in a reasonable amount of time.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Give them 90 seconds to get that gate open, then record the packages as Closed 1 and leave. Repeat daily. Once they start getting postcards and start having to drive in to the customer counter to get their packages...or wind up having them RTS'd...they will figure out a way to get the gate open in a reasonable amount of time.
Yeah, I guess technically I could count that as "Not In" since no one is there to open it. But getting out is often a problem too.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Used to do the same thing at Walgreens. When I ring the buzzer, they open up.

Sent using a Potato

soberups

Yeah, I guess technically I could count that as "Not In" since no one is there to open it. But getting out is often a problem too.
The first time I ever had trouble getting out of a place would be the last time I would ever go in. Obviously there are places like federal buildings or jails that have security delays that we have to accept, but if its a private company that is unwilling to hire enough staff to open the gate when I need to leave then they will have to make other arrangements for receiving packages.