What is wrong with this picture?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Please explain. How does having telematics save us from having to help at the end of the night?

If the green light comes on while we are driving back to the Center, telematics tells us to not touch the DIAD while driving. So I don't read the message until I turn off the engine at the fuel pump. I never get sent back out to help another driver, the OMS has to find another victim.

CharleyHustle

I just say 'NO'. What are they going to do? Fire me? If they make me, which I'm not real sure how they could do that anyway, it would take a really, really really loooooooooooong time for me to make it happen.

TheKid

Let me let you in on a little secret . . . if they tell you to do something that is within your job description and you say no, there only one phrase you need to remember . . . . "Would like fries with that sir ?"

CharleyHustle

I've been here quite awhile, and I say "no" pretty often, I also say yes regularly too. I don't see the big deal, unless maybe your boss and business agent have never met? Heck I even had my current center manager tell me if you don't want to just say "no".

CharleyHustle

boss watches us , and sends a message at last stop , " could you help ............ "

This is the original statement. Now I suppose he could of said "you have to..." or "you must...", but that is not what this poster said here. Now I certainly am not advocating that you shouldn't do as you are instructed, but maybe just once when they call try to work up the courage to say "I can't". Maybe it is a bubble of goodness here, then again I couldn't advocate working anywhere you didn't have at least a little working relationship with the boss.

menotyou

bella amicizia
This is the original statement. Now I suppose he could of said "you have to..." or "you must...", but that is not what this poster said here. Now I certainly am not advocating that you shouldn't do as you are instructed, but maybe just once when they call try to work up the courage to say "I can't". Maybe it is a bubble of goodness here, then again I couldn't advocate working anywhere you didn't have at least a little working relationship with the boss.
My boss always phrased it as 'can you help'. If you wanted a favor in return, you found a way to help. He has a good memory. I always tried my best to help. I admit asking who the help was for. There are a couple that, in my opinion, could work a little harder. I learned not to go out of my way for these ones.
Anyone else, absolutely. No questions asked.