What is your best response to this question...

Lobofan5

When delivering a package how do you you respond to the inevitable...

"What is it" question...

My two favorites are..

1. Its appears to be a package.

or

2. I don't know, they don't let me open it.

But I'm always looking for a new ways to answer....

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
If its a customer that I know, I'll usually say in my most sarcastic voice, "I think its a bomb". If not, I usually say I don't know and tell them who the shipper is. But in all honesty, who doesn't remember what they ordered 2 or 3 days ago?

disneyworld

When delivering a package how do you you respond to the inevitable...

"What is it" question...

My two favorites are..

1. Its appears to be a package.

or

2. I don't know, they don't let me open it.

But I'm always looking for a new ways to answer....
Let me put on my x-ray goggles.

jlphotog

I usually say "its a box".

Of course a couple of weeks ago when I delivered 137 packages to a stop that averages 15 a day, I said "I'm just the messenger".

browniehound

I'm usually polite and tell them who shipped it. But if my day is going bad and I'm cranky and its someone I particularly don't like I say "how the hell am I supposed to know, the package is for you!" All I know is, when I recieve something from UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, the Post office, I generally know what it is and I would never expect anyone else to know what it is. Also, there are some packages I recieve that I DONT want anyone to know what it is. If there any DEA agents reading this, please ignore my last sentence, LOL.:wink:

over9five

Staff member
"when I recieve something from UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, the Post office, I generally know what it is"

Yup, me too!

My response today was, "I don't know what's in it"!

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
It always amazes me just how quickly people forget what they ordered, and I usually answer "I don't know" when given the above question. Unless the package is from out of the country and comes carrying brokerage charges. Only then do I bother to read the description of the contents. Funny story about that . . .

One time I was delivering to a house. Package had a $70 charge on it so I glanced at the description and it read "edible undergarments". Chuckling, I rang the door bell and the door opened to reveal a couple of senior citizens who were oh so excited to be receiving that package, claiming that they were waiting and waiting for it to arrive. The two of them exchanged knowing glances while they were cutting me a cheque and I literally had to bite my own tongue to keep from pissing my pants with laughter.

Ah, good times.

hoser

Industrial Slob
i just yell "the weed of crime bears bitter fruit, you old hag!" get a signature, then run off. and i may as well. i hate it here.

UPS Lifer

...."It must be a clock cause it's ticking" OR "if you let me shack it, kick it, stomp on it and throw it against the wall I can probably tell you what's not in it!"