What kept you motivated in the beginning?

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
Hey guys, so im coming from FedEx ground coming into a UPS hub as a PH simply because I quick became convinced that it is a better long-run choice. Seeing as most of you guys have pretty much seen it all for several years at UPS, for those toughed it out, what kept you all motivated to stick around the first few years with a low wage and the bottom of the totem pole?.

Tenpoint88

IMG_1040.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I just kept repeating in my head "Today's my last day".

Until 1986 , I found a job nobody wanted . Air Exception Driver .
I was paid to drive and get lost looking for addresses of inbound air packages miss loads . And to boot a had an mileage expense account when I was using my own vehicle .
All the extra hours I put in a $10/hr really increased my pension credit hours , so much that I was able to take an early retirement at age 60 .

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
The fact that if I keep screwing up, they'll still pay me the same but demote me to a Penske with a radio, comfy seats, functioning heater and power steering.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hey guys, so im coming from FedEx ground coming into a UPS hub as a PH simply because I quick became convinced that it is a better long-run choice. Seeing as most of you guys have pretty much seen it all for several years at UPS, for those toughed it out, what kept you all motivated to stick around the first few years with a low wage and the bottom of the totem pole?.
You just started and you're looking for motivation?

Good luck

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Dating material on route.

Scoot

Wasn't hard for me to stay motivated as I was only working there until I got done with college. Oh and they were paying me $10/hr and giving me full health benefits for a part-time job.

That was 1989.

It's 2016 and I'm still working there and they're still paying $10/hr.

Full health insurance is 12000-18000 a year for my family where I am I got that just for showing up as a part timer for 4 hours a day..... That being said I pretty much live in a little brown metal house now but my family's very comfortable

A PT job with FT pay and benefits. Worked the preload and off by 8:00 AM M-friend. Have breakfast, take a nap and hit the beach or whatever I wanted to do. Every weekend was a three day weekend.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Feeling like what I was doing mattered is what kept me going in the beginning. Now that that's been beaten out of me, it's all about accumulating money and keeping our benefits. My loyalty to this company is gone, it's purely a business transaction at this point.