What Kind of Snow Blower?

over9five

Staff member
natl grid still sucks....but theres a nice crew from michigan working on my street right now... i miss electricity and heat...

over9five

Staff member
That should teach you a lesson to hope for a snow storm ! ;)

Four inches (IMHO) does not a snowstorm make. Losing power for three days after getting 4 lousy inches of snow is just not right. National Grid SUCKS.

But, we got power back about 20 minutes ago thanks to the guys from Michigan!

klein

Für Meno :)
Get ready folks to the SE of us !
Alberta Clipper is forming together tomorrow afternoon (here in Alberta), should reach the midwest and east, in a few days.

Nice little pre-winter gift from me. - let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :) (and some nice frigid temps, too )....

rod

Retired 22 years
Bring on the snow--------but please keep the minus zero temps away for awhile. Otherwise I'm loading the Harley and heading south. I hate -0 crap anymore.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I looked @ the snow blower the other day while getting the lawn mower out and made a mental note to have it tuned up . I will have the same thought around Thanksgiving when getting the Christmas lights out ......... and than say oh sh-t during the first snowfall. LOL

over9five

Staff member
I looked @ the snow blower the other day while getting the lawn mower out and made a mental note to have it tuned up . I will have the same thought around Thanksgiving when getting the Christmas lights out ......... and than say oh sh-t during the first snowfall. LOL
With 2 uses, mine doesn't need a tune up yet. I did put gas stabilizer in at the end of last season.

over9five

Staff member
Ouch, my barely 2 year old snowthrower won't run!

We've used it a couple times this season. My son was using it, took a break, went out to start it again, and it wouldn't run.

It STARTS, but dies out in seconds.

OK, I tried it today. All the basics are good:
Key on
Choked
Primer bulb

Pull cord, runs a few seconds, dies.

Ah, I can keep it running by pushing the primer bulb when it starts to die. Interesting...

Suggestions?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ouch, my barely 2 year old snowthrower won't run!

We've used it a couple times this season. My son was using it, took a break, went out to start it again, and it wouldn't run.

It STARTS, but dies out in seconds.

OK, I tried it today. All the basics are good:
Key on
Choked
Primer bulb

Pull cord, runs a few seconds, dies.

Ah, I can keep it running by pushing the primer bulb when it starts to die. Interesting...

Suggestions?
I had a weed-eater do this and when I replaced the gas filter, it worked.
I also had a leaf blower do this and there was a spark arrestor (wire mesh filter) on the muffler that has clogged. I cleaned it and it has worked fine since.
Check and make sure the spark plug is not cracked (doesn't sound like it but WTH).
I have just exhausted my knowledge of small engine problems.