What Kind of Snow Blower?

klein

Für Meno :)
Ovah, buy 1 from Sears, here's a link. And for that price you get electric starter ones (no need to pull). Besides, better quaility (Craftsman), and Made in Canada.
Hey, beats made in Korea or Japan.
They really don't know snow and ice as well as we do.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Might Take me a while. It only get up to 30 miles an hour. Two scoops with the bucket would probably do the trick for the typical citioit driveway. Just Kidding!! I guess I can do a lot of leaf-peeping along the way!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Just a word of warning---------with a snow blower it don't seem to matter what direction you are going or what way the wind is blowing--------the snow always blows in your face. Buy a nice Honda 4 X 4 ATV and put a plow on it. That way you can still have fun ---even if it isn't snowing.

http://youtu.be/38SiTb7kBEQ

Big Babooba

I no longer need my plow truck at my new home. Was thinking of getting a snow blower, any advice?

I am considering this one.
Snapper and Ariens make a good machine. One thing that a lot of people don't realize is that Ariens also make a commercial line that you can't get at Home Depot. It is beefier. My first Ariens lasted 32 years.The problem with Sears is that they contract out to different manufacturers. You don't know what you're getting.

klein

Für Meno :)
MTD, yup read on on them. Canadian company, Sears sells them under the name Craftsman here.
For $799 he could get one of them (same price as his asian one he linked to), but the mtd would come with electronic ignition, while his eastern one only has pull start.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
MTD, yup read on on them. Canadian company, Sears sells them under the name Craftsman here.
For $799 he could get one of them (same price as his asian one he linked to), but the mtd would come with electronic ignition, while his eastern one only has pull start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTD_Products

MTD Products is a manufacturer of outdoor power equipment for the mass market. Based in Cleveland, Ohio,USA, the company began in 1932 and is a family-owned, private company. It originated as a tool and die maker (Modern Tool and Die Company). MTD's main competitors are Toro, Snapper, Murray, John Deere andHusqvarna.

bbsam

Staff member
John Deere is the one to have. And not only because their world wide head quarters is 5 miles away.

moreluck

golden ticket member