What light do you use?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Are they actually worth looking into? I am looking for a headlamp now I am a 22.4 and never know where I am going to be some of it is impossible to see in the dark.

I prefer a handheld spotlight. $20 at Harbor Freight. I keep it in the cup holder. Some people like the headlamps but I don’t find it too hard to hold a flashlight and a few packages.

RMR46

Delivering in the pitch black, in my very limited experience, is something that one has to address before one has to deliver after 5 or so. The neighborhoods I deliver to have zero street lighting.
I've used head mounted type lights for other jobs in the past and was never happy with them.
I recently purchased a "chest" light and it doesn't impress me. It has the batteries and a flashing red light in the back. This doesn't work well in a passenger vehicle. I ordered a cap light that looks really promising. It's rechargeable and only weighs a few ounces PLUS it pivots so I can clip it to my UPS vest.
I also made my own chest light but I haven't tested it yet.
What do ya'll use?
Home home Depot defiant it's a handheld flashlight has a lock on it to keep the light on rechargeable no batteries ever as much light as you need. $22 for tax it lasts me at least a week. I take it home on the weekend and charge it up and only takes about an hour to charge it up

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Delivering in the pitch black, in my very limited experience, is something that one has to address before one has to deliver after 5 or so. The neighborhoods I deliver to have zero street lighting.
I've used head mounted type lights for other jobs in the past and was never happy with them.
I recently purchased a "chest" light and it doesn't impress me. It has the batteries and a flashing red light in the back. This doesn't work well in a passenger vehicle. I ordered a cap light that looks really promising. It's rechargeable and only weighs a few ounces PLUS it pivots so I can clip it to my UPS vest.
I also made my own chest light but I haven't tested it yet.
What do ya'll use?
Hand held, extremely bright (1000 lumens) streamlight. Nice and compact, ProTac HL-X
2ABFD8A5-6167-4F6B-83FD-517EE5C631B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Fenix UC35 2.0.

inb4 everyone comes in to beat their chest over stumbling through the dark and tripping over tomato wire and busting their legs on tow motor forks like a tough guy.

ORG_DSC04131-1.jpg
Fenix makes a damn good flashlight. Solid recommendation.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Fenix makes a damn good flashlight. Solid recommendation.
Been dropped many times and still kicking after over four years. Holds a charge for two or three weeks even with using it all throughout the day almost every single day.

20220217_031953.jpg

Nebo mycro headlamp. Only about 20 bucks and it clips to your hat or has a headband. Its rechargeable and the clip is metal. Plenty bright enough and has 3 brightness settings.

TarAndFeathers

Methodically disorganized
650.00! Don't want to leave that laying around or loan it out.
Mount it on a helmet and you are all set, darkness be gone at the push of a button, your head is now the sun with 100,000 lumens. And if you want long range power, the Astrolux MF05 will give you up to two miles of light. Never fear the dark again.