What perks do FedEx employees enjoy?

Driver

So I start at Express soon and was just curious as to what perks you guys and gals enjoy being employed here.

What have you taken advantage of since working at Express, maybe tell of some you've used or deals you've found.

And PLEASE let's not turn this into another negative thread as it seems there are plenty.

​Thanks! :happy-very:

whenIgetthere

Let's see, we get...., the benefits suck! Here's how bad they are, last time I went to see eye doctor, was told to buy the cheap glasses at Wal-Mart because they're better than anything Davis Vision will pay for!

fedupped

Be very careful using airline discount. Pick and choose destinations, airlines etc very carefully. As a fedex standby you are the last on the totem pole. Airtran for example doesnt refund your money if and when your bumped. you have 90 days to reuse the same ticket destination. I have been bumped 50% of the time in 26-30 years. Much better off to plan in advance and have a guaranteed seat, usually cheaper.

So I start at Express soon and was just curious as to what perks you guys and gals enjoy being employed here.

What have you taken advantage of since working at Express, maybe tell of some you've used or deals you've found.

And PLEASE let's not turn this into another negative thread as it seems there are plenty.

I heard you get a real pretty purple uniform.................and low pay..so you qualify for food stamps and Nobama care!!!!

fedupped

Work for ups, and in 5 years you can buy your own discounts with the extra $15 an hour you will make. ..and 300-400 in healthcare savings, and and and

Bankrupt

You will get almost two weeks of vac this year since the new fiscal year just started, hope u if u have kids you'll let them skip school and enjoy some time w them on your staycation, you won't be able to afford a real one and you won't get a summer week till they r grown

hypo hanna

Under two weeks vacation.
two floating holidays.
Two personal business days.

The first two you can schedule based on your seniority and operational needs. The last one you can use at your discretion. (Not a good prospect for the noobie.) It's very important when you bid days to bid these two at the end of the physical year.

Fedex offers lots of benefits, its when you try to take advantage of them that it all goes south.

Interline airline travel is a great example. Sure you can get a big discount but if you aren't allowed on the plane, its not that great of a deal. There is a hierarchy for interline and FedEx is at the very bottom of that list. Everyone can bump you from that seat. If you are traveling alone, live in a big hub city with a lot of flights and are very flexible with your travel plans, its a great deal.

i hear that tuition reimbursement is still a good deal and with all the new planes FedEx is slated to buy there is the name a plane after your kid lottery thingy.

FedExRookie

How do you take advantage of the flight discount? I am very flexible with travel.

You have to take the course online through our training page. I forget what the keyword is at this moment. Its just like any other training course you do for Fedex, the process that is, and it must be done off the clock. It just talks about the do's and don't (s).

Also, I've taken advantage of

Cell Phone Discount
Car Discount
Getting out of a ticket, Cop's brother was a 15 year Fedex courier and I had my uniform in my back seat.

hypo hanna

Oh almost forgot. I don't use it often but the rental car discount can be good. Thing is, you can't assume the a FedEx perk is automatically better then a discount offered to the general public. Shop around.

Glorifiedpackmule

Oh almost forgot. I don't use it often but the rental car discount can be good. Thing is, you can't assume the a FedEx perk is automatically better then a discount offered to the general public. Shop around.

This is true. You can usually find better deals online for most things like Hotels, Rental Cars, and Splash Splash water park (haha)

Glorifiedpackmule

There is a reason most of the threads about Express are negative. You're still in the honeymoon phase. You'll wake up in 3 to 5 years and realize how badly you're getting screwed. Everyone does. It's real.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We get to be mistreated and disrespected daily. If you are into humiliation and self-loathing, I guess this could be could be considered a perk. Beatings and whippings are soon going to be available options.

thedownhillEXPRESS

We get to be mistreated and disrespected daily. If you are into humiliation and self-loathing, I guess this could be could be considered a perk. Beatings and whippings are soon going to be available options.

Haha.

New punishment options:

OLCC or 20 lashes, your choice!!

Epoisode7

Perks you say? I'm glad you asked. As a Ground driver, I had unlimited access to bubble wrap and foam packing peanuts. I liked to pop one, and eat the other... I can't remember which was which.