What should have happen?

DowntownTillman

Disco gypsy
OK here's what happen...

It was peak season this past December and this was my first peak inside on the preload. A loader above me slammed a container down and it started leaking fluid. I noticed it and said something and he moved it under the belt. Then it started coming out under there and I told him he needed to get the sup. He comes back with the sup an the guy grabbed the Thompson water deal looking container and carried it away.. The liquid eventually air dried but not before making quite a few people sick including myself. The big deal i had was it was a haz mat. They didn't tell what it was until everyone was freaking out and thinking we had been poisoned. I found out later that the sup had almost been fired before from improper procedure during another hazmat spill. It was a lot slack bs and it just follows all the other bs that goes on there.

My question though it... What should have happen? They said it was denatured alcohol but i never got to see that for a fact.

GenericUsername

Don't touch. Leave the area. Notify a supervisor.

That's what you're taught. You should've done that until it was cleaned up properly. Their deal to handle, not yours to sit around and smell all day.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
OK here's what happen...

It was peak season this past December and this was my first peak inside on the preload. A loader above me slammed a container down and it started leaking fluid. I noticed it and said something and he moved it under the belt. Then it started coming out under there and I told him he needed to get the sup. He comes back with the sup an the guy grabbed the Thompson water deal looking container and carried it away.. The liquid eventually air dried but not before making quite a few people sick including myself. The big deal i had was it was a haz mat. They didn't tell what it was until everyone was freaking out and thinking we had been poisoned. I found out later that the sup had almost been fired before from improper procedure during another hazmat spill. It was a lot slack bs and it just follows all the other bs that goes on there.

My question though it... What should have happen? They said it was denatured alcohol but i never got to see that for a fact.
If you have any questions during your shift, get your steward. If you don’t know who that is, find out on your next shift.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You all should have went to the hospital immediately once you felt ill, that’s what should have happened.

Inquiring minds want to know, what was it? Did you get the MSDS forms out to show how to clean it off your skin/eyes/inhalation hazards?

As far as you know you’ve inhaled liquid cancer, get the real facts on what you’ve been exposed to.

DowntownTillman

Disco gypsy
It took 2hrs of complaining to get them to care. They then opened all bay doors and got pissed because people were sick. They said it was denatured alcohol but the spot where it spilt has a corroded spot now. When i first started they didn't tell me what air packages were, what haz mats were. I got an ear full from a driver about it.

I was loading a 4 truck area yesterday and it had tons of bulk Packages. I was not used to it and was at the bottom of the belt and was getting over loaded with missed packages from above me. Then when one of my driver's come in early he's pissed about the previous week and is residin hell with the sup about never being the same loader for his truck. He then comes at me about something and when I told him I was coming back for it when they belt stopped and i had more than a split second he walks off and says no the :censored2: you weren't" i told him don't talk to me like that and he proceeded to curse me out more and we got into it to the point they made me leave and go to the office.

I find out today that my sup wants to write me up for a Miss load yesterday and from being late the previous week... I'm thinkin all kinds of :censored2: right now you know?..

P.S. I've never had an issue with any other driver And my loading. Only praise actually. I was NOT trained and have learned what i know from observing and trial and error.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It took 2hrs of complaining to get them to care. They then opened all bay doors and got :censored2: because people were sick. They said it was denatured alcohol but the spot where it spilt has a corroded spot now. When i first started they didn't tell me what air packages were, what haz mats were. I got an ear full from a driver about it.

I was loading a 4 truck area yesterday and it had tons of bulk Packages. I was not used to it and was at the bottom of the belt and was getting over loaded with missed packages from above me. Then when one of my driver's come in early he's :censored2: about the previous week and is residin hell with the sup about never being the same loader for his truck. He then comes at me about something and when I told him I was coming back for it when they belt stopped and i had more than a split second he walks off and says no the :censored2: you weren't" i told him don't talk to me like that and he proceeded to curse me out more and we got into it to the point they made me leave and go to the office.

I find out today that my sup wants to write me up for a Miss load yesterday and from being late the previous week... I'm thinkin all kinds of :censored2: right now you know?..

P.S. I've never had an issue with any other driver And my loading. Only praise actually. I was NOT trained and have learned what i know from observing and trial and error.
Take a deep breath and relax. This job ain’t for everyone.

Integrity

Binge Poster
OK here's what happen...

The answer is UPS training should have been followed by all concerned.

Why did you not follow UPS training?

Weren't you trained what your responsibility is in the event of an unknown spill?

Integrity

Binge Poster
It took 2hrs of complaining to get them to care. They then opened all bay doors and got :censored2: because people were sick. They said it was denatured alcohol but the spot where it spilt has a corroded spot now. When i first started they didn't tell me what air packages were, what haz mats were. I got an ear full from a driver about it.

I was loading a 4 truck area yesterday and it had tons of bulk Packages. I was not used to it and was at the bottom of the belt and was getting over loaded with missed packages from above me. Then when one of my driver's come in early he's :censored2: about the previous week and is residin hell with the sup about never being the same loader for his truck. He then comes at me about something and when I told him I was coming back for it when they belt stopped and i had more than a split second he walks off and says no the :censored2: you weren't" i told him don't talk to me like that and he proceeded to curse me out more and we got into it to the point they made me leave and go to the office.

Are you saying you were not trained what to do in the event of an unknown spill?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
OK here's what happen...

Put it in the load so it's someone else's problem.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
OK here's what happen...

1. Throw box in closest dumpster

2. Turn belt back on these boxes aren’t
going to load themselves

DowntownTillman

Disco gypsy
Training? I spent a whole shift on the morning unload and I was sorting. I was thinking the labels needed to be a certain direction... Lol.. I thought they needed to be facing the person scanning them. Yep... They let me do that for hours.

Like i said they didn't tell me what air was or hazmat. The driver gets there one day and he's like, "where is the air?" I'm like... What's that? Yeah he went off! What's a hazmat? Nope didn't tell me anything!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Damages?
Aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.jpg