What the MSM won't report

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Lue, you could loose the Hounds of Hell, the Fury of Chaos, and all the Demons of the Underworld upon me and never would I cry like her...I mean him. Sorry Deez.:happy-very::peaceful: I might whimper a little bit though.

Well you have not met my son the prince of darkness but if need be i will send my wife...that would even scare me.:devil3:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Excuse Me Mr. President, Those ‘Peaceful Muslims’ Are Burning You In Effigy Again

Activists of Pakistani Jamaat-e-Islami party carry an effigy of US President Barack Obama during a protest in Karachi on May 9, 2010, against the price hike of oil, utility bills and electricity shortage. Pakistan faces the global crisis which is ongoing, the financial crisis, the energy crisis and security situation

diesel96

I did not want to resort to calling you names or making you cry like your little sister Deez...:wink2:

Lue, you could loose the Hounds of Hell, the Fury of Chaos, and all the Demons of the Underworld upon me and never would I cry like her...I mean him. Sorry Deez.:happy-very::peaceful: I might whimper a little bit though.

Lue C fer... aka (Little Nicki)...your quite capable of causing tears of laughter :rofl: watching you squirm, whine and pout since your first log entry here in current events....Congrats...You have recently taking over Tie, BaBa, and Moreluck as most frequent visitor here crying over a fair and square Democratic process....

Excuse Me Mr. President, Those ‘Peaceful Muslims’ Are Burning You In Effigy Again

Activists of Pakistani Jamaat-e-Islami party carry an effigy of US President Barack Obama during a protest in Karachi on May 9, 2010, against the price hike of oil, utility bills and electricity shortage. Pakistan faces the global crisis which is ongoing, the financial crisis, the energy crisis and security situation

Throw in a few protesting against effective but lethal Predator Drome strikes, adding up body counts of innocent family members and civilians, creating 2 terrorist for every 1 terrorist we kill.....

wkmac

Taking D comment above that I quoted which I also believe is a correct observation, I found the following op-ed comments worthwhile to consider as well.

At the end of March, Harold Koh, top lawyer at the State Department, used his keynote address at the annual confab of the American Society for International Law to make an announcement: the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to kill suspected terrorists is legal. The drone strikes in Pakistan and Afghanistan are lawful because, Koh delineated, they are done only in national self-defense, their proportionality is always precisely calibrated, and they carefully discriminate civilians from combatants.
There’s both more and less to it than that, but the legal argument itself is of minor importance. What matters is that Koh said it. Harold Hongju Koh: renowned human rights advocate; leading theorist of international law (which, the ASIL conventioneers would happily have told you, is much more civilized than mere national law); until last year dean of Yale Law School and therefore unofficial pope of the American legal system, and former director of the school’s Orville H. Schell Jr. Center for International Human Rights; Obama appointee accused by Glenn Beck and likeminded screamers of wanting to smuggle Sharia law into U.S. courts. All of which is to say, if a liberal lion like Harold Koh says drone strikes are lawful, what more do you need to know?
Koh’s lecture—warmly applauded by the conventioneers—demonstrates once again the amazing elasticity of international law when it comes to the prerogatives of great powers. Koh’s lecture also demonstrates the accommodating suppleness of several international lawyers who, once strong critics of George W. Bush’s anti-terror policies, now see things differently from inside the Obama administration. For Harold Koh had been one of the strongest and most prestigious voices raised against the post-9/11 policies of Bush and Cheney. From his throne at Yale Law, he inveighed against the unlawful use of torture, against the unlawful invasion of Iraq, against the unlawful detentions at Guantanamo. (He has argued that the U.S. risks a permanent spot on the “axis of disobedience” for its chronic flouting of international law.) If it had been W. intensifying the drone strikes in Central Asia, one can easily imagine Koh condemning this practice as another brazen violation of international law. What happened?

How Liberals Kill

During the Bush years we heard all manner about the evils of the Bush adminstration when it comes to war as we also heard all manner of evil in the way of corp. greed and power access by the business elite at the expense of the little guy. Fast forward beyond the Bush years and on the front of war and business, it's really very hard to see where Bush ended and Obama began. Word now is that Obama will place Elena Kagen who has a connection to Goldman Sachs (although minor and already well known) on the High Court and under normal circumstances, this may have meant little at all but that Kagen was a legal advisory from the years 2005' to 2008' and now the legal revelations of Goldman seems to increase as the days go by, one has to scratch one's head asking what is going on.

We are continuiously bombarded that one side of the American political system is this and the otherside is that but when you get down to the facts and look at it all straight on, it hard to find any real meaningful difference at all. Bush during the 2000' campaign said many things yet once elected in many respects did very much the opposite. More and more of the very people who supported and voted for Obama are themselves now raising the very same concerns as some Bush supporters did about Bush after he said one thing and did another.

The more one looks at actual actions and looks at history of gov't especially as time goes by with more and more being revealed from the fact the players involved now admit the truth whether by their own present admissions or historical documents as a result of time are revealed, the wisdom of Lord Acton's observation holds more and more true with each passing day.

"I cannot accept your canon that we are to judge Pope and King unlike other men with a favourable presumption that they did no wrong. If there is any presumption, it is the other way, against the holders of power, increasing as the power increases. Historic responsibility has to make up for the want of legal responsibility. Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority: still more when you superadd the tendency or certainty of corruption by full authority. There is no worse heresy than the fact that the office sanctifies the holder of it. "

Source: Essays of Freedom and Power, 1949' Beacon Press, p. 364

Babagounj

Strength through joy
2,000 US Actors, Prominent Liberals Accuse Obama of “War Crimes,” Says He’s “Worse Than Bush” For Authorizing Assassination of Anwar al-Awlaki…

NEW YORK — US actors and liberal intellectuals joined a list to be published Friday of nearly 2,000 people accusing President Barack Obama of allowing human rights violations and war crimes.
“Crimes are crimes, no matter who does them,” the statement reads over pictures of Obama and his predecessor George W. Bush due to appear in the New York Review of Books.
The statement, published as a paid advertisement, accuses Obama, who was elected in 2008 with the enthusiastic support of US liberals, of continuing Bush’s controversial approach to human rights in Iraq and Afghanistan, and in domestic security.
It takes aim especially at Obama’s decision — reported by US officials — to authorize the killing of a radical Islamic cleric and US citizen Anwar al-Awlaki, who is accused of ties to Al-Qaeda in Yemen.
“In some respects this is worse than Bush,” the statement says. “First, because Obama has claimed the right to assassinate American citizens whom he suspects of ‘terrorism,’ merely on the grounds of his own suspicion or that of the CIA, something Bush never claimed publicly.”

Among the signatories are linguist Noam Chomsky, “L.A. Confidential” actor James Cromwell, actor Mark Ruffalo and prominent Bush-era anti-war protestor Cindy Sheehan.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Comedy Gold: In Story on Campbell Brown’s Departure, AP Report Cites CNN’s ‘Effort to Be Unbiased’

Give Campbell Brown credit. Unlike many of her colleagues, who from all appearances will have to be dragged kicking and screaming away from their microphones once their networks can no longer afford to subsidize their dwindling audiences, Brown recognizes that she's in a business that has to make money. Brown's evening CNN show has consistently failed to reach enough viewers to justify itself, and she concluded that there was no realistic hope of recovery. So, unlike a certain CBS Evening News anchor, Campbell Brown is doing the honorable thing, and resigning. She has told the network to find someone who might perform better.
Meanwhile, give the Associated Press piles of demerits. Its brief story on Brown's departure contained a final-paragraph howler about network's news posture that must be read to be believed (link is dynamic and may change over time; full AP item is presented below for fair use, discussion, and embarrassment purposes):

moreluck

golden ticket member
Did you happen to catch O'Reilly's 14 minute interview with Obama??

I thought Bill did a good job of not letting O. get started on his talking points from SOTU speech. We already heard that stuff. I didn't count, but I think Bill got 8-10 questions asked in that short time. It was all cordial. Had a cup of coffee while it was on.....finished my coffee and it was over. Quick one!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Did you happen to catch O'Reilly's 14 minute interview with Obama??

I thought Bill did a good job of not letting O. get started on his talking points from SOTU speech. We already heard that stuff. I didn't count, but I think Bill got 8-10 questions asked in that short time. It was all cordial. Had a cup of coffee while it was on.....finished my coffee and it was over. Quick one!

It was not as good as the first interview before he became the president. Its to bad Obama would not really say he was against the Muslim Brotherhood...he just would not bite...got to keep the Muslim brothers happy i guess. Make sure you watch Bill this week because he will have more interview mins with the Messiah.

wkmac

Hillary Clinton was defending her department budget in front of the U.S. Foreign Policy Priorities committee this morning on C-Span.
She says a major reason the State Department needs money is because "we are in an information war and we are losing that war."
Clinton said private media is not good enough to handle the job: "Our private media cannot fill that gap. Our private media, particularly cultural programming often works at counter purposes to what we truly are as Americans. I remember having an Afghan general tell me that the only thing he thought about Americans is that all the men wrestled and the women walked around in bikinis because the only TV he ever saw was Baywatch and World Wide Wrestling."

Meanwhile she says Al-Jazeera, CCTV and Russia Today are killing it: "Al Jazeera is winning. The Chinese have opened up a global English language and multi-language television network, the Russians have opened up an English language network. I've seen it in a couple of countries and it's quite instructive."
Clinton says she is leading an effort to spread U.S. propaganda through new media, with twitter feeds in Arabic and Farsi.
She warns that Republicans want to cut the State Department budget by half.

I agree with Sec. Clinton in that Al Jazeera, Russia Today and several other foreign media outlets are, in the words above, "killing it!" Al Jazeera's Raw Live feeds from the street itself were both compelling and allowed the viewer to see it as is and make up one's own mind rather than so much a "talking head" telling us what we should be seeing. Russia Today has also been ahead of the curve as in the last couple of years they gave voice to leading libertarians, paleo-conservative and paleo-liberal voices that the MSM completely ignored.

I also found interesting in the piece quoted Clinton, "Clinton says she is leading an effort to spread U.S. propaganda through new media..."

"Spread Propaganda" what an interesting choice of words!

Most Americans fail to realize that Hilter and Goebbels didn't create the idea of the Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda but in fact just re-created the American Model they saw in the Creel Committee.

And we thought Winston and the Ministry of Truth just made for good fiction reading!

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe "propaganda" isn't a bad word after all. Nice to see Sec. Clinton using the correct terminology.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Oil Spill Reported Near Deepwater Drilling Site in Gulf

by Rocky Kistner
The Coast Guard is investigating reports of a potentially large oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico not far from the Deepwater Horizon site. According to a knowledgeable source, the slick was sighted by a helicopter pilot on Friday and is about 100 miles long. A fishing boat captain said he went through the slick yesterday and it was strong enough to make his eyes burn.
According to the Times Picayune, the Coast Guard has confirmed they are investigating a potentially large 100 mile slick about 30 miles offshore. They are going to a site near the Matterhorn well site about 20 miles north of the BP Deepwater Horizon site, according to the paper.
http://gulfofmexicooilspillblog.com...log-wt-technology-matterhorn-field-oil-spill/

Babagounj

Strength through joy
THE SAVAGE NATION HAS OBTAINED THE SECRET LIST OF THOSE TRAVELING WITH PRESIDENT OBAMA TO BRAZIL TONIGHT.
MY PRODUCER, BEOWULF ROCHLEN, WAS ONLY ABLE TO FIND THIS INFORMATION FROM A BRAZILIAN NEWS SOURCE AND HAD TO HAVE IT TRANSLATED FROM THE PORTUGUESE. NO ENGLISH NEWS SOURCE THAT WE COULD FIND WOULD PUBLISH THEIR NAMES. HERE IS THE LIST. DEVELOPING ...
SECRET
LIST OF THOSE TRAVELING
WITH OBAMA TO BRAZIL

U.S. CEOs IN BRAZIL WITH OBAMA
JEFFREY R. IMMELT - CEO, GENERAL ELECTRIC
Aris Candris president and CEO of Westinghouse Electric Company

JAMES T. HACKETT – CEO, ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP
John V. Faraci, the chairman and chief executive officer of International Paper

ANTHONY S. HARRINGTON – CEO, ALBRIGHT STONEBRIDGE GROUP