What time do YOU leave the building?

laffter

How the hell do you guys leave so late? The latest one of my drivers ever leaves is 9am (if it's a heavy day and bulking out takes a while). Most of the drivers are already gone by 8:45. There are only a handful that ever linger around past 9.

upschick95

Well if its what time I leave the building in the morning, then that would be around 9:15 a.m. They moved everyones start times back, mine got moved to 9:05 a.m. because of me being on the 9.5 list :wink2:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah we don't start until 8:55 I'm almost always out by 9:10. I really think these late start times need to be addresses in the new contract. Come peak it's just not safe to have guys out past 10pm.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
How the hell do you guys leave so late? The latest one of my drivers ever leaves is 9am (if it's a heavy day and bulking out takes a while). Most of the drivers are already gone by 8:45. There are only a handful that ever linger around past 9.
Stepping over a quarter to pick up a penny comes to mind. Starting preloaders late means we start late, they still haven't figured it out yet.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
We start at nine and get on the belt and finish the preload and wrap up the trucks. The time spent on the belt goes on our on road and can take 15-45 min. The work we do in the building goes towards the preload so their numbers look great and the drivers go out the door in the hole.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Started at 8:20 when we still served the customer. Start at 8:55 now that we serve IE. Surprisingly I still have 26 miles to my route and air commit is still 10:30.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Started at 8:20 when we still served the customer. Start at 8:55 now that we serve IE. Surprisingly I still have 26 miles to my route and air commit is still 10:30.

Dont worry, FedEx will have those packages to your customers before you even leave the building....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

then I guess you have a few late air pkgs...just wondering

The commit time is not 1030 nationwide--it is based on zip code. My center only has a few zips with a 1030 commit and a few more with a noon commit.

Our start time has been moved back to 0930 (0900 on Mondays) and we usually leave right on time.

CAFAL

Yeah we don't start until 8:55 I'm almost always out by 9:10. I really think these late start times need to be addresses in the new contract. Come peak it's just not safe to have guys out past 10pm.

I know in my district start time is dictated by feeder pull times and air. In my building the bulk of our packages come out of the meadowlands hub. There is always a late load that gets to us at 7:30. Start time is 8:45

CAFAL

I know in my district start time is dictated by feeder pull times and air. In my building the bulk of our packages come out of the meadowlands hub. There is always a late load that gets to us at 7:30. Start time is 8:45

Ups will never bend on operations imo. I think it is what it is