What time do YOU leave the building?

cino321

FedEx is on route earlier than us in every area, especially in the industrial areas where the delivery time is important. We leave the building half an hour to a hour after our start time, dodge around the route to make our air on time so we don't have late air and get dragged into the office the next day, and then go back to actually start the route. JOKE!

gman042

Been around the block a few times
It used to be that we had our volume about 715 AM. Start sort at 730. On road at the latest by 945. This all changed about a year ago when someone changed up a feeder run because one center went dry on the sort for about 10 minutes. We are at the end of the line so they leave our volume hanging and set our start times back 45 minutes. Tell me how 10 correlates to 45 minutes delay.
Then they wonder why we can't get as much done in the day. When you have to run a straight air trace and then start your route it takes a little extra time. When before you could get the majority of your air off on trace.
1030 consistently. If they ever put in a preload then it will be noon

tre305

Hmm is this just for drivers? I'm a preloader and lately I've been leaving a little after 12 noon b/c of all the crap I have to do after the sort is wrapped up (damages/over goods/scanning known closed stops, etc etc).

There was that one day last week where we had three late 53 foot trailers, all 100% full, needless to say the drivers finally pulled out around a quarter to 11am. Late airs like a mug.

STFXG

At FedEx ground we are usually out the door by 7. 8 is a really late start time. Home delivery is out the building by 8 for the most part...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have an 8:50 Start Time and I usually leave the building at 9:00AM. My Hub is about two miles South of the Atlanta Airport and the Air hits the belts about 6:15AM. Fedex is making deliveries at 7:45 and Fedex Home Delivery is delivering at 7:30 where I work. All of this makes no sense to me, we should be on the road sooner. I do not like being Second Best, there is no reason for it.

thessalonian13

We start at 8:00, usually leave the bldg by 8:10.
I WOULD KILL FOR AN 8AM START!!!! What these dingbats don't realize is the best way to cut routes and add extra stops to cars is by starting us earlier. I am an 850am start. If they started me at 745am, they would have to add 30 to 40 more stops to my truck. Why that many stops you ask for only 1 hour earlier start time? Answer is simple. I would be able to do air and ground together without breaking trace and thus cutting down on my miles... etc etc etc But since management and IE are clueless, I won't have to worry about them making such a sensible decision. LOL

tourists24

How the hell do you guys leave so late? The latest one of my drivers ever leaves is 9am (if it's a heavy day and bulking out takes a while). Most of the drivers are already gone by 8:45. There are only a handful that ever linger around past 9.
its easy to leave so late when your start time isnt til 9:30

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its logistics dont ya kow. I left at 922, with 12 air, and it takes me 20 minutes to get to rt. Just ground, people screaming for their stuff. I know they dont understand, and I dont have time to explain.
Then when I am already pushed to the linit, my sp wants to review with me, why at 6 stops I show over allow. I guess I should break down locked gates, leave stuff dr when a certified only signer doesnt come as quickly as UPS would like.......or not stop and answer in the diad when I get a dumb question asked about an eta, and the part that really burns me is I care more than they do. Ive already told you I will have late air and you want me to answer about yesterday? And I had a 185 pd amazon yesterday, how did that get in our system, they r fricking lucky I didnt get hurt. Yes it took me 12 minutes to deliver it. It also took 3 guys to get it in my truck, thanks.
And the irony of it all is well while my loader who is a steward, is in grievance hearings, about sups working, one of my sups is loading my truck, and my air is all over the truck, not where it should be. If they are going to steal work from the ptimers, shouldnt they at least know how?