What UPS is doing to survive this bad economy

Toyotaman

Are centre just opened Jan 08 and are manager is runing it to the ground volumes low (to be expected considering the econony crisis) but just hired to new car washers/unloaders which we don't need we only get about a 75% full 57 of volume going out, and I can wash my own truck, sends all of us on road average stop count is 65-70 in centre, refuses to send ppl home with the light volume even tho we all offer, all drivers are back and punched out 430-5 at the latest!!! Most of the guys don't even get 8hrs of work but are still getting paid for it, when they start laying guys off it's ppl like him that cause it. I'm just glad I'm 5th from the top, and hopfully soon the shop steward.

Red Dawn

i heard that all the temp workers at dfw airport hub were told today that they will no longer be needing them. with all the sups that work on every shift as a daily practice they could of at least offered them a pt job. no word yet to who will do there job. managers didn't even know this was coming.

Red Dawn

and yes we are filing on sups working..lol they are telling us to file on them so they can stop working! along with those grievances and all the other crap that ups is doing we are almost at a thousand filed! 118 more to come when we get our checks next week and see if ups is going pay us at part time pay instead of full time.

City Driver

They might have been able to keep you guys if they didn't overpay the package car and feeder drivers so much. :sad-little:

im not even part of UPS ground and i dont think they are overpaid

they work hard, especially the package car drivers (no disrespect to feeder drivers im a truck driver myself) but i only wish us freight drivers made the same! we are only at $22.50 an hour here i think thats about $5.50 less then package car and feeders