What was your first full week driving like?

AccidentProne

If you are in a small center, then you know they basically dragged the preloaders out of their inevitable stack out, and then unceremoniously threw them under the bus.
I'm not sure what is a small center or large center is. You can walk from one end to the otherside in 5 mins if it was a straight path, however its a maze with too many dead ends, so 10-15 mins.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I had two half days of training. My on road lived on the route so I would meet him at a stop I would hit around 2pm then I would drop him off and he’d go home early. He had no idea where any delivery points were or how to navigate the route. It was 50/50 commercial and residential. It was a difficult route. They had me sit for three weeks. Then on the first day of peak they threw me back out on it. The entire dispatch changed, I found out the sup had us going out 40 stops lighter so he could go home early, but since it was peak it was an extra 100 stops. I drowned, brought back 20. Then the next day brought back 40 and the next day brought back 80. That night they sent 6 guys to clean me up. I remember seeing them all sitting in a parking lot waiting for me, I felt terrible. Kicked myself in the rear and doubled down the next day and finished at a good time. Everything clicked after that. Sorted the car out, remembered where everything was etc. Tried making it up to the guys by calling them at the end of each day to see if they needed help. They seemed to appreciate it.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Pretty much sucked. 2 years to top rate, but it sucked until I had enough seniority to bid a half way decent route, 7 years. Then it sucked less. But not by much, until I was able to get more seniority, then a better route. Starting to see a trend? Bottom line, enjoy life as a bottom feeder for awhile.

I was told that I was born to do this job and that I was the greatest driver to ever sit behind the wheel.

I thought it was a little over the top but hey they were right.
I finished 130 stops (10 airs) within 10 hours (my area is 25 miles away from the hub). The keys is use EDD (Map only) and pick your own stop, dont follow Orion

mcsketcher

lol All the sarcasm when the young sups actually expect you to do this type of stuff. Did 120 miles today and made my own “solution” that was dumb but necessary. EDD would have made me late for my airs, so I did a stupid fixer loop to be on time, and my sup calls me late to see if I’m still alive cuz I was over probably by hours.

If they tell me I don’t qualify I’m gonna actually laugh in their faces and walk out.