What will be the outcome of Supreme Court and Obamacare or ACA?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Barack Obama did not teach at Harvard. Your hatred is blinding you. He has done nothing more than Bush II did, except being Black and Democratic.

When was the last time Supreme Court Justices boycotted a State Of The Union Address?

I thought the Justices were supposed to be above partisan politics, not stooges for the party that put them there for life.
It has been written several places where I read he was a professor of constitutional Law at Harvard. Now, I didn't go to college,but I thought 'professor' was synonymous for teacher

OK, so it wasn't Harvard, but he taught Constitutional Law like I said...."He worked as a civil rights attorney in Chicago and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004."

bbsam

Staff member
You got proof.
Dirty little secret in Washington is that members of congress never read bills. They are told by lobbyists why to or why not to support given legislation. And the reason the lobbyist knows? Let's just say Fedex is still covered under the RLA because Fred S is a huge power-player in Washington.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Tuesday, April 3, 2012 @ 5:40 pm | IN YOUR FACE: Federal Appeals Court Orders the Justice Department to State Whether the Obama Regime Believes Courts Have the Authority to Strike Down Federal Law

Nothing but a political stunt by a republican appeals judge. Politics as usual. I hope Obama sends a letter saying "GO :censored2: yourself"

I would applaud the move.

Peace

TOS

wkmac

529748_3575806234550_1254904531_3561181_1908419492_n.jpg
529748_3575806234550_1254904531_3561181_1908419492_n.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Better yet I hope the DOJ refuses to send that letter as requested.
Thus by blowing off the court which is hearing a case based on part of Obamacare provision against any new start-up physician run hospitals from being built.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Obama is treating the Supreme Court like it was some Cook County, Illinois trial court.

Big mistake !! "

I just like this quote from a fox news article. It remnded me of Pretty Woman and Vivian's line to the 2 snobby sales women in Bev. Hills.

brett636

I have to admit, brett, you make a compelling point. I lean toward saying the law will be found unconstitutional but that leaves me thinking that it is the Constitution and not the ACA that represents the "bad law" in this case. Americans cannot expect the constitution to protect something as basic as health in 2012, but they can expect corporations, unions, and very rich individuals to do everything in their power to buy elections, politicians, and favors. The Robert's court is sick.

I suppose at this point we will have to agree to disagree. You see, that "bad law" you referred to is the exact document is why this country is a world super power today. The wisdom of the men who drafted it was immeasurable, and the principles found in it are the principles any nation that values a free society should live by. The constitution was never meant to protect an individual's health, but to give the individual the freedom to choose what health decisions are most important to him or her. Its not the government that we derive our greatness from, but from we the people.

brett636

Dirty little secret in Washington is that members of congress never read bills. They are told by lobbyists why to or why not to support given legislation. And the reason the lobbyist knows? Let's just say Fedex is still covered under the RLA because Fred S is a huge power-player in Washington.

The dirty little secret here is that the democrats had the numbers to pass any kind of healthcare law that they desired. They could have passed single payer, or even a public option, but didn't because despite their overwhelming numbers they did not have the votes to make it happen. So we got this garbage instead.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"Excuse me, Mr. President, but the vote by which a law was passed is irrelevant to whether it is unconstitutional or not. As it happens, the law was passed by the slimmest of margins along party lines."

Obama's Attack on Supreme Court is Pre-Emptive Strike - Donald Lambro - Townhall Conservative Columnists

What exactly do you think president OBAMA said? I am really curious how you UNDERSTAND his comments? Please, tell me what he said that is sooo outrageous?

Afterwards, Ill post his words (word for word) and we can see how far off you are.

Thanks.

Peace

TOS

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Apparently the Framers of the Constitution had no problem mandating the purchase of health care or other goods. You'd think they knew a a thing or two about the Constitution.

PolitiFact Rhode Island | Harvard Law professor says early Congress mandated health insurance for seamen and gun ownership for most men

The fact of the matter is, this is being challenged simply because it is a cornerstone of President Obama's presidency. The law is being challenged for partisan reasons. The law was passed by both Houses, and those voting in favor in the Senate represent the vast majority of the population.

If it's over ruled, my guess is we will have single payer in a couple of years, and the Republicans will lose the Congress, and there maybe even a Super Majority in the Senate. Roberts legacy will be tarnished, and he really cares about that. Bush v Gore, Citizens United, and now this.

Never mind that you can now be strip searched for a violation of a leash law. God Bless America.

bbsam

Staff member
I suppose at this point we will have to agree to disagree. You see, that "bad law" you referred to is the exact document is why this country is a world super power today. The wisdom of the men who drafted it was immeasurable, and the principles found in it are the principles any nation that values a free society should live by. The constitution was never meant to protect an individual's health, but to give the individual the freedom to choose what health decisions are most important to him or her. Its not the government that we derive our greatness from, but from we the people.
Perhaps I misspoke. Perhaps it is simply that the interpretation of the constitution leaves a bit to be desired. The constitution, I maintain had as little to do with health care as it did with allowing corporations the "speach" of money. I think the administration instead of the "commerce clause" should have invoked the "necessary and proper" clause. Whether we like it or not, what these wildly brilliant men came up with is extremely vague and subject to all manner of wild interpretation in many different directions.

bbsam

Staff member
The dirty little secret here is that the democrats had the numbers to pass any kind of healthcare law that they desired. They could have passed single payer, or even a public option, but didn't because despite their overwhelming numbers they did not have the votes to make it happen. So we got this garbage instead.
The democrats for good or ill have never been a "lock-step" party. But then again, America is not a "lock-step" nation.

P

pickup

Apparently the Framers of the Constitution had no problem mandating the purchase of health care or other goods. You'd think they knew a a thing or two about the Constitution.

PolitiFact Rhode Island | Harvard Law professor says early Congress mandated health insurance for seamen and gun ownership for most men

The fact of the matter is, this is being challenged simply because it is a cornerstone of President Obama's presidency. The law is being challenged for partisan reasons. The law was passed by both Houses, and those voting in favor in the Senate represent the vast majority of the population.

If it's over ruled, my guess is we will have single payer in a couple of years, and the Republicans will lose the Congress, and there maybe even a Super Majority in the Senate. Roberts legacy will be tarnished, and he really cares about that. Bush v Gore, Citizens United, and now this.

Never mind that you can now be strip searched for a violation of a leash law. God Bless America.

Roadrunner, did you read the article? There actually weren't so many framers involved , only 20 (of the 56) were members of that first Congress that passed some of those laws you mentioned.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Roadrunner, did you read the article? There actually weren't so many framers involved , only 20 (of the 56) were members of that first Congress that passed some of those laws you mentioned.
Did you read the article? How many Framers were in Congress? Did not an overwhelming number agree?

History can be a bitch.