What would it take?

DontThrowPackages

They can't. They're like a gambler who's in too deep with his loan shark. They have sold their souls to the share holders and have no other choice but to run the company as if life or death depended on the share holders happiness.

DontThrowPackages

Sadly for those at the top, this is the only measure of a good business. That kind of thinking is destructive to families, communities, the enviroment and if unchecked will be the downfall of the US.
like I've said before, the type of capitalism this country believes in, high unemployment and the elimination of the middle class is a necessity to reach the types of salaries and bonuses American CEOs feel they deserve. You, or your children for that matter, will never know a America were an average working person can afford the things he could 40 years ago. Just read an article about " $100,000 a year, the new poor". This economy is going backwards and only a French revolution will stop the downward spiral on the middle class....nothing else.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Consequences? You mean the $140 stock price?
How do you think the stock price got that high? It certainly wasn't because Matthew Thornton III came to work every day in his private jet. The high stock price is the result of all the hard work the little guy has done. Things like leaving the building over capacity with stops. Not getting decent raises. Having to settle for crap insurance. People stuck in midrange pay.

I can go on but you seem to think the stock price is the result of brilliant upper management. Get a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:

STFXG

Nice rant. Completely off topic but entertaining. You said Fred and mt3 will have to deal with the consequences. What are those consequences? Stock is through the roof.

CJinx

Your constant complaining about your job yet never doing anything about it helped get the stock this high. Your contribution is a drop in the bucket, but hey. As a share holder, I thank you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nice rant. Completely off topic but entertaining. You said Fred and mt3 will have to deal with the consequences. What are those consequences? Stock is through the roof.

The stock is through the roof, but the Express opco is imploding. Perhaps they can disguise it through Ground profits, but only for so long. Eventually, the horrible management practices of this company will see the light of day, which means investors will also see the incredible waste and incompetence at work behind the scenes.

A company managed solely on the basis of pumping-up stock value has some serious issues. Eventually, the man behind the curtain will be seen to be nothing but a fake. Just like Oz, FedEx is built upon a lie.

Cactus

Your constant complaining about your job yet never doing anything about it helped get the stock this high. Your contribution is a drop in the bucket, but hey. As a share holder, I thank you.
What makes you think I'm not doing anything about it? I'm not about to tell you what I do or don't do. Oh and don't expect to be in clover forever with your precious stock either. Just wait until the revolving door of employees speeds up considerably. It's coming.

I suggest you read MrFedEx's post above.

Cactus

Your not even looking at anywhere near the whole picture.
Ever hear the old saying, you get what you pay for? Think about consequences in those terms. FedEx is no exception to that rule.

bbsam

Staff member
What makes you think I'm not doing anything about it? I'm not about to tell you what I do or don't do. Oh and don't expect to be in clover forever with your precious stock either. Just wait until the revolving door of employees speeds up considerably. It's coming.

yes, yes. The sky is falling.

bbsam

Staff member
You seem to think FedEX is invunerable.
Nah. I think they are far smarter than you give them credit for. They have a strangle hold on costs and if and when they determine that they are willing to pay more to get better quality, they will. They aren't pumping up the stock to cash in and hit the door. They ate focused on long term growth and goals with labor costs and concerns being a part of that calculus and employee satisfaction being hardly a blip on their radar.

Cactus

Fred and the upper management are focused on one thing and that's getting richer and richer. They want all this business but don't want to pay to have it delivered on time.

Nice business model. Not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Investors will love the conversion to a part-time opco.

Serf

Knowing this is pie in the sky wishful thinking and none of it is likely to pass, I will play along.

I would like to see anyone with 8 years or better automatically topped out.

I would like to see older employees pay caught up to the cost of living index.

I would like to see a decent healthcare plan.

I would like to see a generous buyout offer for hourly employees with 25+ years.

Honestly, I admire this. But I think of the way things used to be in America, and the way things are now. When Fedex had a performance based raise system those who were very proficient in there role or "in" with management flourished. Those who made excuses and/or did not work as hard got lower raises.
Older employees, (for example 16 yrs and up) who are not at top pay, have an underlying problem. I hang around my station and guys and gals with 8-15 years sing to the heavens about this. Literally.
Fedex is fully self insured lol. Sounds like bull and propaganda but think of it this way. Companies like Target and other national chains have cut out benefits for part timers. In lieu of this, Fedex has mostly a part time work force and has changed there plan to what amounts to more or less a "catastrophic care plan". Instead of cutting you out all together.
Lastly, at least at my station. There is so much seniority. We have over 15 employees with 25 years and 5 with over 30. It's no secret they make more money then the managers! Buy them out, in addition to senior managers. It's a great gesture. The only downside to it is the people left behind. Who will have seen the "old guard" go. Routes get cut, pay scales, eliminated, and 2-3 part timers fill 1 full timers old slot. Like it or not Fedex still overpays you for your unskilled labor. If it were any different, the respected individual would leave and move on if they could.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Honestly, I admire this. But I think of the way things used to be in America, and the way things are now. When Fedex had a performance based raise system those who were very proficient in there role or "in" with management flourished. Those who made excuses and/or did not work as hard got lower raises.
Older employees, (for example 16 yrs and up) who are not at top pay, have an underlying problem. I hang around my station and guys and gals with 8-15 years sing to the heavens about this. Literally.
Fedex is fully self insured lol. Sounds like bull and propaganda but think of it this way. Companies like Target and other national chains have cut out benefits for part timers. In lieu of this, Fedex has mostly a part time work force and has changed there plan to what amounts to more or less a "catastrophic care plan". Instead of cutting you out all together.
Lastly, at least at my station. There is so much seniority. We have over 15 employees with 25 years and 5 with over 30. It's no secret they make more money then the managers! Buy them out, in addition to senior managers. It's a great gesture. The only downside to it is the people left behind. Who will have seen the "old guard" go. Routes get cut, pay scales, eliminated, and 2-3 part timers fill 1 full timers old slot. Like it or not Fedex still overpays you for your unskilled labor. If it were any different, the respected individual would leave and move on if they could.

Sorry, bud. NO hourly at FedEx is overpaid for their "unskilled labor'. Put the Kool-Aid down.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Let me add that even a topped-out highly senior employee is incredibly underpaid relative to their UPS counterparts. Figure-in our useless healthcare and worthless non-pension, and nobody is getting a decent deal at this concentration camp. You need to pull your head out.

Serf

Let me add that even a topped-out highly senior employee is incredibly underpaid relative to their UPS counterparts. Figure-in our useless healthcare and worthless non-pension, and nobody is getting a decent deal at this concentration camp. You need to pull your head out.

Well that is also always the next talking point that employees bring up. "UPS gets this, and that." We are underpaid relative to our UPS counterparts? Respectfully disagree. For the select few full time couriers who do have a full route that take every bit of 12 hours to complete, than yes you are being underpaid, especially when you factor in certain time commitments etc.
Is there another stance to take other than always comparing the major competitor? I think alot of folks would admit that the two companies are totally different beasts. Cut-throat corporations have always operated with there best interests in mind. And yet we act surprised when the individual gets a raw deal.
So in order to better absorb the blow just ask yourself:
Useless healthcare is still healthcare, better than NO healthcare.
Portable Pension instead of NO pension is still something.
Decent match on 401k instead of NO match on 401k
Job security, instead of annual furloughs and lay-offs.