if 22.4 was eliminated and just more RPCD's were hired would you vote yes

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
its outlining some of the hypocrisy in the counterarguments ive seen so far, if you make more RPCD's coming for your work instead of a 22.4, its no longer the moral high ground to say that they get paid less for the same work, its clear they just want all the work to a select few much like it is now so they rack up OT
Here's an idea. You need more drivers? Hire them. 9-5 a problem? Negotiate sky high penalties so the company hires more. No need for 22. -whatever jobs.

Over disciplined0123

Im not trying to convince anyone to vote yes, i could less give a damn what you do. Im telling you that im voting yes, and the reasons im voting yes, and want to discuss the different angles of the contract, this is like a part 2 to a post i made yesterday, but what i got from it made me think, If this 2 tier wage scale is such a problem, then how would you feel if every 22.4 was hired as RPCD driver, theyd have protections etc, there would be not enough work for the majority of them due to the lack of seniority so itd be more of a dog and pony show to say they added more FT work, hell their qualification period would take as long the progression. If they were actually implemented into the lineup itd be even more detrimental to those who desire OT, if they end up shuffling the lions share of the work for the weekends, then theres even less work on the weekdays and everyone loses, with this new 22.4 idea, theres some language limiting the amount of them being able to be implemented to 25 percent, which is high, not that its perfect, but thats why its a negotiation, to not get into debates about different regions lets use the southern region supplemental agreement as a base language and if yours is different then you can mention that. Im focusing on the 22.4 aspect of the contract because thats what seems to make people balk at it the most.
Possibly yes along with 15$ a hour start for part timers and much better over 9.5 language and better language for article 37... and I won’t even bitch about the loss of the day after thanksgiving as a holiday. UPS is already saving over a million dollars on employee payroll from losing that paid holiday. I don’t think all are losing but most are in thier supplement

Over disciplined0123

Possibly yes along with 15$ a hour start for part timers and much better over 9.5 language and better language for article 37... and I won’t even bitch about the loss of the day after thanksgiving as a holiday. UPS is already saving over a million dollars on employee payroll from losing that paid holiday. I don’t think all are losing but most are in thier supplement
This is taking 22.4 drivers out of this contract and changing what I said above

Over disciplined0123

Most pts don't want to drive now. Why would they with no 9.5 language and forced to work weekends with no pay upgrade
I think they will have plenty of volunteers for new 22.4 jobs and I bet it will be a huge turnover job and probably even cost them more money with training and retraining the new drivers who think this job is just driving a truck all day whistling and skipping down driveways delivering packages,while having small conversations with customers laughing and giggling till the drive back to building at 17:30 to punch out. Lmao

Observer

Is the volume really there on the weekends? Just have the regular routes run with the rpcd. I think the deliveries would go more smoothly.

jaker

trolling
No matter RPCD or 22.4 working weekends , there will still be when work available and that means layoffs on Monday depending on supplement