What would you expect to happen if your center manager exclaimed (in rage) "I'm going to kill someone!"?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If he is a jerk you could probably end his career, or make it even worse than it is. Or you could be human, and realize we all snap, go give him a big kiss on the cheek or a man hug, depending which sex you are or it is, and go have a beer. But if he/she is unstable thats a whole nother problem.
A long time ago when I was a steward, I entered my center manager's office with a grievant regarding a supervisors working issue. center manager comes around his desk, turns around and puts his hands on the desk and bends over and says "Just :censored2: me now and get it over with."
Wasn't professional, but we all got a good laugh over it.
I guess I could have called HR and filed a complaint against his behavior.
Those were the days when you could get in each others faces regarding the contract. Then meet for a beer on Friday night or fish together on the weekend.
Glad I am as old as I am!

10 point

A long time ago when I was a steward, I entered my center manager's office with a grievant regarding a supervisors working issue. center manager comes around his desk, turns around and puts his hands on the desk and bends over and says "Just :censored2: me now and get it over with."
Wasn't professional, but we all got a good laugh over it.
I guess I could have called HR and filed a complaint against his behavior.
Those were the days when you could get in each others faces regarding the contract. Then meet for a beer on Friday night or fish together on the weekend.
Glad I am as old as I am!
That didn't escalate because you two had respect for each other.

That's not what we've seen for a few years. We have CMs that no clue what the contract says and do not care to read it. They're just looking for a fight over their way of uneven discipline and total disregard of seniority by the way they handle the workforce.

They predominantly don't want a working relationship unless it's on their terms.

Some are clueless.
Some (a few that I know of) are decent. But I don't predetermine any blanket judgement about anyone until they prove their intent.

OPTION3

That didn't escalate because you two had respect for each other.

That's not what we've seen for a few years. We have CMs that no clue what the contract says and do not care to read it. They're just looking for a fight over their way of uneven discipline and total disregard of seniority by the way they handle the workforce.

They predominantly don't want a working relationship unless it's on their terms.

Some are clueless.
Some (a few that I know of) are decent. But I don't predetermine any blanket judgement about anyone until they prove their intent.
100% true