What would you expect to happen if your center manager exclaimed (in rage) "I'm going to kill someone!"?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-2.jpeg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Why is it that, no matter the situation, you have experienced the very same thing?

"Anything you can do I can do better" should be your motto.

I don't know, Dave, but it seems as though you have a little anecdote to add to every thread.

Mostly unrelated to the discussion.

ibleedbrown

a manager at my building told a part timer to stop sagging his pants so low, he called the 800 hotline, not sure what happened about that.

clean hairy

When a center manager (or anyone else) says something like that in a rage, first thing is to locate the nearest phone and dial 911
"We have a person here at (insert name of building and address here) threatening to kill someone" hang up immediatly.
Then , Managment cannot lie with all the witnesses present.
In todays world, no threat can be taken lightly!

Mack Grant

If a center manager pushed a desk into me I would be totally shocked and not do anything. I would then avoid them like the plague and just wait for the jerk to piss of the wrong person. People like that are often their worst enemy and will eventually self destruct.
Good point and true. Also if there enough phone calls complaining about one person the company will usually send an HR person to investigate iirc...snicker.

10 point

ups chuck,

In a large corporation hourlies and management are generally under the same rules.

Sincerely,
I
Being "generally under the same rules" is as good as long as the rules are enforced the same no matter who is involved.

An hourly often has to involve outside agencies to get relief from management's tactics and abusive methods.

The moto there used to be "do what's right" and now it's more like "who's right". And we know the hourly is guilty until proven innocent.

upschuck

upschuck,

Location is irrelevant to this fact.

You may have a weak work group unable to stand up to management.

Sincerely,
I
By here, I mean UPS. I think you are naïve if you think management and employees are treated the same at any decent sized organization.