What would you have done?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Call the crime-line hot line in your area, leave a message on what occurred and let law enforcement handle it from there.

"Hi, I am Joe Driver from UPS. I had 3 suspicious looking pkgs and a gut feeling that something wasn't quite right but didn't bother asking a supervisor for guidance. I made it out to the house and everything about it screamed "crack house". There were 2 dudes parked in a car across the street waiting for me to leave the pkgs. The pkgs were clearly marked 'Please leave by front door--no signature required' so I didn't see a problem with leaving the pkgs by the door."

Yeah, that'll work.

'You' did what you were supposed to do. You were on the clock to deliver cardboard.

I don't know if it will make you feel any better but you have delivered all sorts of illegal things before and you will do it again. Do not get personally involved in the packages. They are merely obstacles standing between you and getting home...
+1.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I wouldn't want to explain why I missed service on 3 Saturday Early A.M.'s. The 2 suspicious looking dudes in the car we're probably the On-Car and Center Manager spying on the driver.:whiteflag:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wouldn't want to explain why I missed service on 3 Saturday Early A.M.'s. The 2 suspicious looking dudes in the car we're probably the On-Car and Center Manager spying on the driver.:whiteflag:

Or it was their package - got to do a little on the side to get paid what management use to be paid.

DS

Fenderbender
This really got me thinking.You probobly did the right thing by doing what you were supposed to,but then again....If it was just pot,well who cares,but what if it was crystal meth...or plastic explosives...or even worse,Obama health care propaganda...
If you had decided not to deliver them,you may well have been assulted up to and including death.
Although a dangerous move,you could have had a peek inside ,and if it was something nasty,you could have taken out the contraband,and replaced it with bibles,or Obama health care propaganda.

klein

Für Meno :)
This really got me thinking.You probobly did the right thing by doing what you were supposed to,but then again....If it was just pot,well who cares,but what if it was crystal meth...or plastic explosives...or even worse,Obama health care propaganda...
If you had decided not to deliver them,you may well have been assulted up to and including death.
Although a dangerous move,you could have had a peek inside ,and if it was something nasty,you could have taken out the contraband,and replaced it with bibles,or Obama health care propaganda.

sorry, but I did not expect that from you.

Edited`:
darnit: didn`t read it properly... sorry DS. Again, the mistake, talk before I think.

Last edited:
M

Mike23

Those drugs gave me a job that day! If more people did drugs we'd have more drivers employed! ;) :greedy:

whiskey

I had an 3 EAM's on Saturday. As soon as I saw the packages, I knew something was up. Local law enforcement used to come to our hub with a dog and screen packages, but they haven't been there in a while.

Anyways, the 3 packages were 13 lbs. each. They were going to a suburb of one of the poorest cities in the country. They were EAM, taped and glued throughout and the label stated to "leave on front porch, no signature required."

I get to the address, it's a dilapitated house, almost looked abandoned, no curtains, from the outside I could see piles of clothes insideand there were 2 shady individuals parked in a sedan across from the house.

I DR the 3 and went on my way. If you suspect something is up, do you have any obligation to report it? What would you have done?
You've got to be kidding.

ups1990

There's a whole lot more to the DR procedure than out of sight and out of weather. The fact that there was someone else around to observe the DR, makes it questionable. I agree with not worrying about the contents. However the driver is responsible for the afety of the package when DRed regardless.

I've never been held responsible for a package that was driver released properly. People are constantly watching us; the neighbor next door and the one 3 doors down. As long as I, don't see a car following me, the package will get released. You know, UPS is telling drivers that send agains is costing the company money.

satellitedriver

I had an 3 EAM's on Saturday. As soon as I saw the packages, I knew something was up. Local law enforcement used to come to our hub with a dog and screen packages, but they haven't been there in a while.

Anyways, the 3 packages were 13 lbs. each. They were going to a suburb of one of the poorest cities in the country. They were EAM, taped and glued throughout and the label stated to "leave on front porch, no signature required."

I get to the address, it's a dilapitated house, almost looked abandoned, no curtains, from the outside I could see piles of clothes insideand there were 2 shady individuals parked in a sedan across from the house.

I DR the 3 and went on my way. If you suspect something is up, do you have any obligation to report it? What would you have done?
I would have called my sups and stated my suspicions. If they say just drop it, then that is when I would be in a dilemma.
I have been doing this for long enough to know that when the hair on my neck tingles, I do not DR.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Nice racist comment with the Rasta man. When your kids get their hands on it I am sure that will be okay as well. Much of the illegal drug trade in the United States is also tied into terrorism as well. How about when he comes up to your package car and sticks a gun in your face and asks where his packages are? Will that make it personal enough for you to care about delivering illegal narcotics? Drug dealers come in all colors and races, they also tend to be vilolent offenders.
Im a white guy and I consider myself a Rasta man. So the term Rasta man has nothing to do with race . . . I use it talking about smoking pot. You on the other hand infered that Rasta man is a black guy(I'm assuming) and it is you that was racist. NICE JOB!

Who says kids are gonna get there hands on it?? FOXX news? A guy selling weed to his friends has nothing to do with kids.

Once again, who says illegal drugs are tied to terrorism? Your "lying to your face and you are sucking it up" elected officials?

Why would the Rasta man stick a gun in my face and totally blow his cover if he was doing something he wasn't supposed to when I'm going to deliver the packages to him and with a big smile say "have a nice day"?

I probably did deliver narcotics in my 10 years in package. Why would I care. I was paid to do a job and I did it.

Your statement about drug dealers tending to be violent offenders is totally inaccurate from my life's expierence. Umbrella statement that doesn't cover all.

How old are you 18? You have so much to learn about life

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Im a white guy and I consider myself a Rasta man. So the term Rasta man has nothing to do with race . . . I use it talking about smoking pot. You on the other hand infered that Rasta man is a black guy(I'm assuming) and it is you that was racist. NICE JOB!

Agreed ... typical racist but they don't see it.

over9five

Staff member

Can you imagine them opening the box?

"NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!"

satellitedriver

Im a white guy and I consider myself a Rasta man. So the term Rasta man has nothing to do with race . . .
Really, White boy? The proof comes later.
I use it talking about smoking pot.
You use the term Rasta ,because you smoke and that is not the sole tenet of Rastafarism.
You on the other hand infered that Rasta man is a black guy(I'm assuming) and it is you that was racist. NICE JOB!
These are the tenets of a Rasta;

One early leader of the movement in Jamaica was Leonard Howell, who was arrested by the Jamaican government in 1933 for preaching a 'revolutionary doctrine'. Howell established the first commune of Rastafari and six principles of Rastafari which have changed little over the years:
1) a hatred for the white race,

2) the complete superiority of the black race,

3) revenge on the wickedness of white peoples,

4) the negation, persecution and humiliation of the government and legal bodies of Jamaica,

5) preparation to return to Africa,

6) acknowledging Emperor Haile Salassie as the supreme being and only ruler of black people.
You choose strange bedfellows, white man.

Who says kids are gonna get there hands on it?? FOXX news? A guy selling weed to his friends has nothing to do with kids.
Your misuse of logic speaks for itself.

Once again, who says illegal drugs are tied to terrorism? Your "lying to your face and you are sucking it up" elected officials.
Your naivety about the Opium trade and the money flow does not surprise me.

Why would the Rasta man stick a gun in my face and totally blow his cover
Because, he was stoned and stupid. if he was doing something he wasn't supposed to when I'm going to deliver the packages to him and with a big smile say "have a nice day"?

I probably did deliver narcotics in my 10 years in package. Why would I care. I was paid to do a job and I did it.
Obviously, you only cared about yourself.

Your statement about drug dealers tending to be violent offenders is totally inaccurate from my life's expierence. Umbrella statement that doesn't cover all.
White boy, Rasta man, you are full of it, when you speak of "drug dealers" and your life experience.
My life experience, in the sub-culture of drugs, did involve "violent offenders", and it was not pretty.
Big dif in being a Stoner and a Rastifarian.

How old are you 18? You have so much to learn about life
How could you be so old and have not learned from life?

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
I guess in your old age you have it all figured out don't you. Isn't it amazing the information you get out of your search engine in such a timely manner:wink2:

I never said I was a rastafairian just a rasta and you knew exactly what I ment when I said it. No need to google your definition of rastafairian - that was really stupid most def.

The bleeding hearts of society will always use the "kids" word when it comes to the drug issue. The kids..the kids. What kids? Yeah, there are casualties- 200million population- there will be casualties but its more of a football that is kicked around to sway opinions.

Opium is the biggest cash engine in many countries and I'm sure some of the wealth funds military(considered legitimate military and non legitimate military - depends what side you're on when labeling such )which brings me to my point about "terrorists". There are no "terrorists". You have to look at the big picture and understand every battlefront has two sides. One would be deemed patriotic and one would be deemed terrorist. Once again, it depends on what side your on. "terrorist" is a media tool.

And whats this crap about my lifes experience being "full of it"? Yeah, it was "full of it". From 1986 to 1996 I smoked more pot in that period than most people will smoke in their entire lifetime. Am I bragging? NO. Am I ashamed in any way ? Why would I be. Did I have fun? HELL YES! I've known many dealers and spent almost 2 decades in or around the trade. Funny that when I had pounds of weed fronted to me or when I had to pay my bill handling thousands of dollars in cash no one pulled a gun and shot me because they were "stoned and stupid". It was just business between businessmen.

Every day is a learning expereince. Are you kidding me? The day you stop learning you start dying. Remember that. So my question to you is . . . are you still learning or did you start dying?