What would you have done

klein

Für Meno :)
Kids at the age of 5 are very much capabale of calling 9/11 or letting you know, the mother fell or is bleeding and needs help.
They would be crying, "mom, mom", etc.

Now, that would be a call worth to the police.

Besides, the driver got the confirmation that the mother was home.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I left driver release packages with kids before... so , whats the big difference ?
Sure , he waited maybe 2 minutes... might seem long for him. But, if a woman isn't made up, (in pj's)... 2 minutes is very short.
Or even on her house phone, shower, garage, .

I wouldn't have bothered.
And like pickup stated, : Why even start a thread about it.
Personally, I think he did the wrong thing.

Who knows ? Maybe she stepped out of the house very quickly to grab milk or bread.
Give the woman a break. All she needs is child welfare after her.

The package was signature required. If not he would have DR'd it at the door and would have no idea if kids were home alone.

All I know is my kids (both under five years old) would never answer the door and if they did Lucy would have some splainin to do and my wifes name isn't Lucy.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
All I know is my kids (both under five years old) would never answere the door and if did Lucy would have some splainin to do and my wifes name isn't Lucy.
The original poster said he waited 2 minutes, thats long enough for a pedophile to grab little girls and go. Sometimes especially with kids who have no knowledge of the outside world say, yeah momma here, that is what they have been told to say. Ive waited for 5 and never got an answer from an adult, until a neighbor says Yeah Im watching them. Yeah right.
Think of the stories you have heard on the news, Jon Benet, the lundgren girl, taken from her room, Only big mistake knows his neighborhood. Im thinking the women are on one side and the men on the other. anonymous I think is a guy, and he agrees with the women. Good for him. Mommy and daddy having fun in another room, COOL totally. Put Barney on and tell them to come knock on their door if someone comes to the front door. Kids should not answer the door if they are not old enough to know who it is and what they want.
Its not the 70s. You have pedophiles on every corner. Just check.
I support big mistake, I think it was not.
Remember the videos in NYC where kids were beat to death while everyone walked by and says its none of my business?

rocket man

I used to agree with you for what you did.But after working for this asylum I came to this conclusion we are not firemen emts Cops . I lost intrest in peoples problems.You call 911 and you get interrogated. I dont need that .There are many people in the areas we deliver to, They know what is going on, Let them call. If You think you did the right thing .That is the only opinion that counts.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Is a poll in order? I would be curious about how the BC's stand. There seems to be only about 40 Posters. Is that a fair cross section of wehat the US/Canada (a few) think?

Re-Raise

You said the kid was 5 years old and you didn't ask her where her parents were?

Most 5 year olds won't stop talking. The kid probably had a cell phone.:happy2: Just ask her if you can see it, scroll down to mom and call the number. Joking.. I think.

Seriously I have had this happen and I just told the kid go and get your mom and tell her she needs to come to the door to get a delivery. If they are home alone the kid will tell you.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When I get to the point that my job and its adversaries overrule my mind, I will be gone, in more ways than one.
Til then, if it looks bad I report it. If I get fired, it was meant to be. I see alot of crap, when I cease to care, Im dead.
I guess if it doesnt directly affect me I shouldnt care. I dont have that in me.

klein

Für Meno :)
Is a poll in order? I would be curious about how the BC's stand. There seems to be only about 40 Posters. Is that a fair cross section of wehat the US/Canada (a few) think?

You know, it all depends where you live too, where you deliver.
Some doors are open almost 24hrs a day in small towns.
Is it a safe neighborhood, or a well known unsafe neighborhood ?

Some neighborhoods, kids at age 5 go visit their friends next door. and yes, are used to opening up doors for friends.
Or just yell, "come in" ! (what I do all the time).

bigbrownhen

Good answer to have little one go get Mommy or Daddy. I have done this, the op didn't say he tried that. I deliver to both good and bad neighborhoods. I have seen little ones, I mean 5 yrs and under playing in the front yard and no parent in sight. In certain neighborhoods this is normal, some I wouldn't dare.

Personally I think I would have stayed a few minutes to be sure the munchkins were ok, or at least swung back by after my commits were done to reattempt. If Mama still wasn't there, then call police. It would have bugged me all day and probably kept me awake not knowing for sure everything was ok.

But that's just what mother hens do....

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I disagree. About 6 months ago, I was leaving a residential stop and just before pulling from the curb, I checked over my left shoulder and that's when I saw him. A little boy about 2 years old standing right beside the truck. Shutting off the engine I saw the door of the house I'd just left open. I asked him where he lived in English and then Spanish and he pointed to the open door. Inside there was no furniture and every door in sight was closed. After 4 minutes of yelling, a woman came out and I told her what had happened. She clearly cared for the child as her expression turned from surprise to horror. The loss of a customer and hatred of their parents is nothing compared to the life of a child.
I say none of your business. Kids were healthy, looked great.
No need to call police !

Awlful situation you put that family in.
And , Police will tell the UPS guy called them.

They won't want UPS delivery from now on !