What would you have done?

Savvy412

Brown cafe with the drama!
I rolled my ankle a little ....

Not worth the ups bs! Lol

And really. If it was bad.. How easy would it be to just go right back to that spot and "roll it" ouch

Last edited:

Savvy412

Can you really blame me though . I'm anew driver and they treat injuries like gosh darn accidents . A lot of bull:censored2: for just a slightly rolled ankle(Probably )

Can you really blame me though . I'm anew driver and they treat injuries like gosh darn accidents . A lot of bull:censored2: for just a slightly rolled ankle(Probably )
We all start out as new drivers at the beginning. Some have the smarts and gonads to take it right back to the company. Either you do or you don't.

Inthegame

So when you go to the doc next week when it's the size of your thigh and he finds damage that requires surgery, do you really think UPS will believe it happened as you say? W/C benefits you far better than disability and if you claim it as off the job you're committing insurance fraud. Grow a set and report all injuries/incidents immediately.

Brown Down

I've rolled my ankle so many times I've lost count. Even done the same thing. Don't screw with not getting it checked out. I didn't and I have almost no side support with my ankle now. And ankles take forever to heal.

El Correcto

god is dead
We all start out as new drivers at the beginning. Some have the smarts and gonads to take it right back to the company. Either you do or you don't.
to be fair op is in debt over a new house most likely just wants to work hard and do a good job be left alone while getting his future secured.

Op I'd warn you about posting firable things on this website. Not reporting an injury is an integrity problem you can be terminated for it. That's why I didn't hesitate to report mine, you can never be 100% positive no one is watching.

to be fair op is in debt over a new house most likely just wants to work hard and do a good job be left alone while getting his future secured.

Op I'd warn you about posting firable things on this website. Not reporting an injury is an integrity problem you can be terminated for it. That's why I didn't hesitate to report mine, you can never be 100% positive no one is watching.
I had debt and two different new houses. I still went balls deep into the company. Either you got it or You don't.

By The Book

You should have reported this as soon as it happened! For starters if you turn it into the union insurance, it's insurance fraud. I hope you heal up and don't need a doctor......really I do. This needs to be a workers comp claim, so this injury is on record and you are covered for a long time with treatment for it. Once you turn it into an off the job injury and get treatment, it'll be next to impossible to change it. You do see that you will be using your union benefits to pay all costs for this injury if you go this route don't you?

Foamer Pyle

I don't understand how ups would heal my ankle on vacation ?

But whatever. Maybe I shoulda mentioned it but they woulda just said. Are you injured. Or not ? And I would of said. No

Whatever well see how it feels after a week
A driver in my center did the same thing. It's been about 8 months, and he is still hobbling around. Too late to report it now, especially after everyone has seen him gimping around, and he told everyone 8 months ago that he would be ok. He probably has permanently damaged his ankle.

El Correcto

god is dead
I had debt and two different new houses. I still went balls deep into the company. Either you got it or You don't.
I can relate I used to be op with fresh debt and a fear of losing my job. I also had a good I'll work as hard as possible and do a better job than all these guys attitude. The money they pay is so much better than hub wages you pretty much feel like a millionaire after getting your first check.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I don't understand how ups would heal my ankle on vacation ?

But whatever. Maybe I shoulda mentioned it but they woulda just said. Are you injured. Or not ? And I would of said. No

Whatever well see how it feels after a week

Report any injury as soon as it happens.

In other words, cover your butt!!