What you think about these firings

vvv

I bet that's a real morale booster for those who haven't got fired (sarcasm).
In the old days you did what it took to deliver the pkg.

Everyone needs to slow their happy _____ down and see how management likes "send agains".
What the hell do you mean "old days"?

Speak for yourself on that topic. You doing whatever just to get rid of a meaningless package is plain stupid and on you....and good if you/they get fired for being careless. Keep cutting corners all over and enjoy your over dispatched crap routes.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I never forged a signature I didn’t make customer contact with outside of covid. Don’t know why people think it’s still ok to do it. Been getting signatures for over a year now.
Not poking here, but serious question - do you "forge" or scribble when you do make customer contact?
Sig required, well known stop/customer, here you go Bill, scribble, write Bills name...?

100%

Falsifying. GOODBYE AND GOOD LUCK.
So……did the customers not get their packages? Delivering a pkg doesn’t get you fired. What happened for ups to even know that the driver signed for a pkg? Was the customer name signed or the driver?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So……did the customers not get their packages? Delivering a pkg doesn’t get you fired. What happened for ups to even know that the driver signed for a pkg? Was the customer name signed or the driver?
If it says signature required, a customer signature is required. No grey area. We get paid by the hour.

Driver gambled and lost.

100%

If it says signature required, a customer signature is required. No grey area. We get paid by the hour.

Driver gambled and lost.
It says signature required, “you” said customer signature is required. You literally just made it a gray area. I’m wanting to know the context. There is no way they know who signed for it unless they were there. So what happened for them to be asked if they signed for the pkg. Did they use the customers name, bc it is not a fireable offense for a driver to sign their own name. There has to be something that happened that we don’t know yet.

Thebrownblob

No i dont and ive definately thought about that.
Anytime someone gives you instructions that violate integrity ignore them. Tell him to fire you and take it to a hearing.

I’ve had management people ask me to do this dishonest things with sheeting packages, I told him I’m not doing it they say I’m instructed, I say it will be fun watching you twist and hearing explaining why you asked me to do something dishonest. They leave me alone after that lol

Wally

It says signature required, “you” said customer signature is required. You literally just made it a gray area. I’m wanting to know the context. There is no way they know who signed for it unless they were there. So what happened for them to be asked if they signed for the pkg. Did they use the customers name, bc it is not a fireable offense for a driver to sign their own name. There has to be something that happened that we don’t know yet.
Don't gamble by being a runner-gunner! If innocent, they will get ye olde job back.

Sounds like Jr High School logic. No a driver shouldn't be fired if he signed for his own package or even for his mothers delivery.

Wally

Oops. Got caught. It happens. Follow the rules.

Screenshot_20221118-091250_Chrome.jpg

What'dyabringmetoday???

They created a slight of hand by calling them seasonal drivers. Even though they don’t wear uniform or drive or UPS vehicle. The language needs to state clearly they are not seasonal drivers. They are gig workers using their own tools and equipment
There is no language. Another giveback from the strongest labor union in the world. You know that I am right...

ManInBrown

Did these drivers in question actually sign? If they did, don’t know what to tell them. Idiots. In my entire career in package I never once signed for a package. What’s the reasoning to even do that? Paid by the hour, not home oh well. I’ll be back tomorrow. People get way too chummy with customers. I’m not really a people person so never even made small talk with them. Even if I was chummy with some customers, I still would never do it. Hard lesson learned for what sounds like a bunch of runner gunners. Runners always think mgmt is their friend. You’re dead to them the day you screw up. Go out and do your 35 stops per hour. See how far that gets you when the sheet hits the fan for something.

Thebrownblob

There is no language. Another giveback from the strongest labor union in the world. You know that I am right...
You’re right about the language, but that’s because they did not have the foresight Nor-will power. And we can’t be strong if we don’t have strong members simple as that. Do you want PVDs gone or very strong language?