What you think about these firings

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
I had a couple of stops when I met the customer ( business) they ask me to sign their name , they were busy , dentist , no receptionist , bridal shop bunch of customers, stuff like that ,,, I'd print their name , in remarks I'd put my initials and note consignee busy,, never got burnt and I'd only do it for select consignees
that's not dishonest

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
Did these drivers in question actually sign? If they did, don’t know what to tell them. Idiots. In my entire career in package I never once signed for a package. What’s the reasoning to even do that? Paid by the hour, not home oh well. I’ll be back tomorrow. People get way too chummy with customers. I’m not really a people person so never even made small talk with them. Even if I was chummy with some customers, I still would never do it. Hard lesson learned for what sounds like a bunch of runner gunners. Runners always think mgmt is their friend. You’re dead to them the day you screw up. Go out and do your 35 stops per hour. See how far that gets you when the sheet hits the fan for something.
so many drivers get caught up in the supervisors stats baloney, sporh, and over allowed, paid send agains. I try to mentor them where I can about how none of that crap matters but there's so many longtime runnergunners making bonus in my center.

Thebrownblob

Yes sir. Sorry that I am cynical about the state of affairs with this union. I guess I'm supposed to cheer them on and say only great things. Of course- you are also supposed to run against them if you don't like what's going on. Never supposed to try to hold them accountable. Oh well- I think I'll be ok if a few people I've never met don't like what I say.
Yeah, you could run against them. That would be one way to hold them accountable, but then it would be your turn to be accountable and I don’t think you would like that . It’s much easier to sit back and snip.

Thebrownblob

Sorry you got fired and didn’t get to do whatever you wanted. Welcome to adulthood kid.

Btw, I don’t need to tie my shoes anymore, your momma does that for me while she’s still on her knees every morning.
They don’t get paid. Can you not read? Can’t believe you actually put stupid in your response. Let me break it down for you dummy, stop paying BAs, pay them what shop stewards get paid…..NOTHING you big dummy. Geez what an idiot. Smh Can you even tie your shoes or you have to wear slip ons?
I’m union steward, and I got paid six figures. I actually got paid more than my BA.

Dumbo

Picking a CIR name is much different than forging a signature. I would never forge someone's signature but regularly select a name in the CIR list. Some places just don't have people around to accept their packages and expect you to leave it on their warehouse table and leave them alone.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Picking a CIR name is much different than forging a signature. I would never forge someone's signature but regularly select a name in the CIR list. Some places just don't have people around to accept their packages and expect you to leave it on their warehouse table and leave them alone.
Let us know how that works out for you
Must be a runner gunner

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
They don’t get paid. Can you not read? Can’t believe you actually put stupid in your response. Let me break it down for you dummy, stop paying BAs, pay them what shop stewards get paid…..NOTHING you big dummy. Geez what an idiot. Smh Can you even tie your shoes or you have to wear slip ons?
Used to be they did get paid. I didn't have to pay union dues and got a nice big box of Usingers sausage at Christmas.

bumped

We had the “No more signing for packages as Covid or CVD” pcm a few weeks ago. Drivers doing all they can to make a full time job a part time one and they b!tch about PVDs, not getting their 8 and :censored2:ty routes.
I haven't gotten that PCM yet. I still put Covid 19, but I never release a package without meeting the customer.

Mutineer

I will never understand runner gunners......

It's often spousal related. Over the years, I have determined that many runner-gunners have a pathological belief that the odds of their sexual partner being unfaithful is directly proportional to how long they are away during the workday.

They are p*-whipped. They wanna' get home and hit that ass so somebody else doesn't.

AKCoverMan

i get paid.. just this past Friday I was in a 25 min am meeting with center manager and a member going over an injury and TAW offer. Believe me, I was on the clock and the meter was running. Payroll issues can really eat up some time…and we really suck at paying people correctly, and suck even more at fixing pay mistakes.

UPS does not get charity work from me, I may give some time to my union but most of stewarding happens while I’m on the clock.