6 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
2-1/2 cups cold milk
1-1/2 cups BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, toasted, divided

Make It:

RESERVE 24 wafers. Crush remaining wafers; mix with butter. Press onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
BEAT cream cheese and sugar with mixer until well blended. Whisk in 1 cup COOL WHIP. Carefully spread over crust. Stand reserved wafers around edges.
BEAT pudding mixes and milk with whisk in medium bowl 2 min. Stir in 1 cup COOL WHIP and 3/4 cup coconut; spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining COOL WHIP and coconut. Refrigerate 5 hours.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Apple Macaroon Cake
CDKitchen
Serves/Makes: 8 |

Ingredients:
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup sugar
5 tablespoons flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup chopped apple

Directions:
Sift flour, salt and baking powder. Gradually add sugar to egg. Add dry ingredients, then vanilla, apple and nuts.

Pour into greased 10" pan and bake in 325 degrees friend oven for 45 minutes or until done. Serve warm with whipped cream.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Almond Coconut Bars
CDKitchen

Ingredients:

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon light cream

Directions:
Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; mix until well blended.

Press onto the bottom of a 9" sq. baking pan. Bake in a 400 degrees friend oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly on wire rack.

Beat egg until thick and foamy, gradually beat in brown sugar. Stir in vanilla, coconut, almonds, flour and cream.

Spread over graham cracker layer in baking pan. Bake in 400 degrees friend oven for 20 minutes or until topping is browned. Cool in pan on wire rack and then cut into bars.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Easy Peach Dumplings

Ingredients
  • 2 large peaches
  • 1 8 oz. can crescent rolls
    • 1 cup sugar
      1 cup butter
      1 cup water
      cinnamon

Directions..........
  1. Quarter peaches and roll each quarter in a crescent roll and place in a baking dish.
  2. Bring water, sugar and butter to a boil. Pour over rolls and sprinkle with som cinnamon and a little more sugar.
  3. Bake 350 for 30 mins.
  4. Try a scoop of ice cream on it.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Creamy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
CDKitchen

Ingredients:

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup premier white chips
1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
2 pts fresh strawberries, rinsed and patted dry

Directions:
Cover tray with wax paper.

Place chocolate chips, white chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.

Holding strawberry at top, dip bottom two-thirds of each berry into melted mixture; shake gently to remove excess. Place on prepared tray.

Refrigerate about 1 hour or until coating is firm. Cover; refrigerate leftover dipped berries. For best results, use within 24 hours.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Grand Marnier Brownies
CDKitchens
Serves/Makes: 15 | Difficulty Level: 3 | Ready In: 1-2 hrs

Ingredients:

9 ounces Swiss dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3 large eggs (at room temperature)
1/3 cup Grand Marnier
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup coarsely broken walnuts
15 chocolate-dipped walnuts, for garnish (optional)

Directions:
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees friend. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil so that the foil extends 2 inches beyond the two long sides of the pan. Lightly butter the bottom and sides of the foil-lined pan.

Melt chocolates. Cool the chocolate for 10 to 15 minutes, until tepid.

In a large bowl, using a hand-held electric mixer set at high speed, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy. One at a time, beat in the eggs, beating well after each addition.

Beat in the Grand Marnier, vanilla extract and orange zest until combined. The mixture may look slightly curdled. Beat in the cooled chocolate until smooth.

On low speed, beat in the flour and salt just until mixed. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the broken nuts.

Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula. Bake the brownies for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted 2 inches away from the center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Do not over-bake.

Cool the brownies in the pan on a wire rack. Place the brownies in the pan in the freezer and chill for 20 minutes.

Using the two long ends of the foil as handles, lift the brownies out of the pan. Gently invert the brownies onto a cutting board or large plate and carefully peel off the foil. Invert again onto a smooth surface and cut into 15 squares. Top with chocolate-dipped walnuts, if desired.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Overnight Sticky Buns

CDKitchen http://www.cdkitchen.com
Serves/Makes: 12 | Difficulty Level: 2 | Ready In: > 2 hrs

Ingredients:
1 (25 oz.) bag Rich's frozen rolls
1 (3 oz.) box butterscotch pudding (not instant)
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)

Directions:
Put frozen rolls into a bundt pan. Sprinkle with pudding mix. Melt butter, add sugar and cinnamon. Cook until sugar melts. Boil until sugar dissolves. Add chopped nuts. Pour mixture over the rolls. Cover tightly with foil. Leave on the counter overnight.

In the morning, uncover and bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Wait 5-10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter.

S

Shushi

Cool...
Puffy, Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies, Dipped!

2 1/4 c All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
13 Tbs (1 & 3/4 stick) Softened, Salted Butter (No negotiating here, it must be REAL butter.)
3/4 c Pure Cane Sugar
1/4 c Packed Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp Real Vanilla Extract
4 c (Or two 12 oz bags) Dark Chocolate chips (half of this goes into your cookies, half is for dipping!) plus more if desired

Wisk together flour & baking soda in one bowl, then in another, beat butter & both sugars together until thoroughly blended. Beat the vanilla & eggs into the butter mixture until blended. Add flour mixture & fold until just combined. Stir in 2 c (one of your 12 oz bags) of your Dark Chocolate.
Move oven rack as high up as it will sit while still leaving at least 3" between it & the top heating elements then preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet. The smaller they are, the easier they are to dip. Bake until centers are set & edges are golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven & let cool on baking sheet 8-10 minutes before you transfer them to a cooling rack while they await their dipping session.
They will be a lighter shade than what you're used to due to less brown sugar but rest assured, they are done.
After the first round of cookies comes out of the oven (there might be 3 or 4 rounds, depending on your baking sheet(s) & the size of your cookies) take a small pot & fill it with 1"-2" of water, heat over the stove at about low to low/medium or until a very light simmer. In a metal bowl that is just large enough to sit atop your pot without falling in or submerging in the water, pour the rest of your Dark Chocolate & then set on top of your pot of simmering water. Melt chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth, creamy & a little runny then reduce the heat, still stirring occasionally.
Lay a sheet of wax paper over your cooling rack. Dip cooled cookies into the chocolate (you can use your stirring spoon to help coat them if needed), covering all but what space is needed to keep a hold of them with your index finger & thumb. Let excess chocolate drizzle off each cookie (you can gently shake them to hurry this process along) then place dipped cookies on wax paper to cool.
You can eat them once the chocolate has cooled just enough to do so but is still all ooey-gooey, yummerific but be sure to let the chocolate harden completely before you're ready to store your cookies in a tightly covered container at room temperature.
They're work to make, but I promise you, they're worth it.
Enjoy!

~Shu

S

Shushi

Big, Soft Ginger Cookies

Before I start, these are similar to but easier & less time consuming than the dipped chocolate chip cookies, I promise! I found this recipe online & modified the spice measurements some but the recipe below is the original, I just included my changes in parenthesis next to or below each changed ingredient or step. Bakers beware, I like a spicy ginger cookie!

2 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger (I use 3tsp)
1 teaspoon baking soda (I use 2tsp to aid in puffiness!)
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I use 2tsp)
1/4 teaspoon clove (I use 1tsp)
1/4 teaspoon salt (I omitted the salt, as the additional baking soda gives enough saltiness)
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
(I added 2tsp pure vanilla extract)
Additional 1/4 cup sugar for coating

1 Combine flour, ginger, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.

2 Beat butter 30 seconds, until soft.

3 Add sugar and beat until fluffy.

4 Add egg and molasses and beat well. (add vanilla in this step as well)

5 Add 1/2 the flour mixture and stir in, then stir in the rest of the flour mixture. (unless you're making king cake *which calls for 6 c. flour*, just dump the whole flour mixture in, they're just cookies, they can take it!)

6 The dough should be at a consistency that you can roll it with your hands into balls. I often have to add quite a bit more flour. (I didn't add more flour, but it won't hurt if you do. Additional flour usually just makes things a little denser & in the case of cookies, that's not a bad thing.)

7 Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll the balls in sugar. (I rolled 'em a bit bigger)

8 Place cookes 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes. Do not brown! The cookies should be almost underbaked in the middle. (If the idea of accidentally underbaking them makes you uncomfortable, go ahead & bake for 10-12 minutes or until there is ever so faint browning on the tops of your cookies. They will stay soft, no worries! If you're like me & don't mind a doughy middle in your cookies, bake 'em for 8 minutes!)

9 Let, cool 2 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Store in cookie tins. (NOOO!! YOU MUST EAT THEM IMMEDIATELY AFTER REMOVING THEM FROM THE OVEN!! No, I'm just kidding, don't do that. Let 'em cool then enjoy with milk, tea, or coffee like I do.)

~Shu

moreluck

golden ticket member
Chocolate Cupcakes Filled With Peanut Butter Cups
CDKitchen

Ingredients:

7 ounces milk chocolate
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 mini peanut butter cups

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees friend. Line muffin pan with baking cups.

Melt chocolate and butter together; stir in vanilla extract.

In a separate bowl combine sugar, unbeaten eggs, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture.

Fill muffin cups half full; place peanut butter cup in center of each and top with remaining batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Apple Bread Pudding

Ingredients

• 2 1/2 cups whole wheat bread cubes
  • 1/2 cup peeled apple, cored and diced
  • 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut in bits
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 1/2 cups apple cider or juice
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
  • Ice cream (optional)
Method

In mixing bowl, toss together bread, apple and butter.
In separate bowl, whisk together eggs and honey; whisk in cider, and vanilla and cinnamon.
Pour over bread mixture.
Let stand for 1 hour.
Pour pudding into 6-cup baking dish. Bake in 325F (160C) oven until apple bread pudding is firm (about 45 minutes).
Serve warm and add ice cream if desired.
This pudding will keep several days in the refrigerator.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Chocolate Cobbler

'Heavenly Delights,' Siloam Baptist Church, Meadville

2 sticks butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 cup sugar
6 T. cocoa
3/4 cup hot water
3/4 cup milk