What's everyone do for lunches as a driver?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I bring in some sandwiches and put them in the refrigerator at work and eat them after I get back to the building to take my lunch and breaks.
It's the only way I can get my business stops off and make pickups.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I bring in some sandwiches and put them in the refrigerator at work and eat them after I get back to the building to take my lunch and breaks.
It's the only way I can get my business stops off and make pickups.
Why agitate? Post an irrelevant you tube video or move on.

9.5er

You are relaxed enough each day to meet your mom for lunch and your username is 9.5er. Imagine that.

I stop for lunch each day so I can relax. No need to push through a stressful day nonstop and have UPS take an hour out anyway.(Yes that is how it works in my center) May as well sit and eat and most importantly forget about the truck for a bit.
I had to go with this user name because brownmonster was already taken. What does my user name have to do with my views and opinions?

Foamer Pyle

Just a quick question, Joe.

Do you drive a premium car?
You really don't save $2500 bucks because the lunch you pack does cost something. But like I said earlier, I don't want to eat outside and sweat all over my food, and I prefer air conditioning, a sink, and a clean bathroom. Getting out of that truck, cooling off and watching a little tv makes me feel human again.

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Just a quick question, Joe.

Do you drive a premium car?
I choose to bring my lunch because of limited choices on my area. Also bringing a lunch lets me take lunch when and where I want to. Yes, it saves money, but it sure beats a pop and a bag of chips from the convenient store.

35yrwstpadriver

Pittsburgh Brown
I have been driving for 26 years. I always take a lunch in a playmate cooler. When you work for UPS as a driver, food is for survival, not enjoyment. It's like putting gas in your car. I start at 8:20 and work every day until 15:10. The reason I do this is so that if my package car or Diad breaks down, I can call in and get another one on the way. If I take lunch earlier, and then one of those things break, I have to sit and wait for an hour doing nothing. Then my 11 hour day becomes a 12 hour day.

JL 0513

I have been driving for 26 years. I always take a lunch in a playmate cooler. When you work for UPS as a driver, food is for survival, not enjoyment. It's like putting gas in your car. I start at 8:20 and work every day until 15:10. The reason I do this is so that if my package car or Diad breaks down, I can call in and get another one on the way. If I take lunch earlier, and then one of those things break, I have to sit and wait for an hour doing nothing. Then my 11 hour day becomes a 12 hour day.

You plan everyday with the possibility that you'll break down? How often does that happen? A couple times a year maybe? Why delay your lunch for the slight chance?

Breaking down is easy money as said above.

BrownRoosterBrownBull

I bleed brown
One time the bonnet inside the truck blew off on the freeway. I freaked out! thought I broke down.

They weren't having it.

Rolling cooler, good idea, lots of water good, trail mix good, just need to find the meat and potatoes of my lunch (in case my wild expectations come to fruition)