Whats going on with 251

lookahead251

The nlrb is a complaint issue saying there is merit to what was done, and BTW with all the other decisions in favor I'd say your pretty much done on this one too...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Are you saying these stories are all lies and the people who did the investigations are all lying......are you saying that what she is saying is all false that nobody from the eboard went to management?i know you won't answer because deep down you know the truth?
The truth means nothing to them. They lie through their teeth. They are just angry that they were caught!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
When are they scheduled to start serving these suspensions?

Any chance they will be appealed?

Does anybody on this executive board serve on this Joint Council 10?
Serving immediately.
There is an appeal process.
No.
We had one of our officers brought up on charges, found guilty by Joint Council, and forced to serve a 2 week suspension.
Upon appeal, the suspension was set aside by the General Executive Board and our Local was forced to make him whole in the form of back pay and posting a retraction to the membership.
In the end, this wasn't his only indiscretion, but it served as a lesson to me that if there is truly a career ending charge, the end result needs to be at least a 60 day suspension of membership, making them ineligible for the next election.
This action is suspicious in it's timing and will be dismissed by the membership as a witch hunt (whether it is or it isn't).
You need to prepare yourself for 3 more years of your present Eboard.

wide load

We had one of our officers brought up on charges, found guilty by Joint Council, and forced to serve a 2 week suspension.
Upon appeal, the suspension was set aside by the General Executive Board and our Local was forced to make him whole in the form of back pay and posting a retraction to the membership.
In the end, this wasn't his only indiscretion, but it served as a lesson to me that if there is truly a career ending charge, the end result needs to be at least a 60 day suspension of membership, making them ineligible for the next election.
This action is suspicious in it's timing and will be dismissed by the membership as a witch hunt (whether it is or it isn't).
You need to prepare yourself for 3 more years of your present Eboard.
This was a 9 month investigation. Maybe if the local heard the case in a timely manner this would have been rectified months ago. OR, maybe the president and his girlfriend could stop violating their oath of office. Many options here.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This was a 9 month investigation. Maybe if the local heard the case in a timely manner this would have been rectified months ago. OR, maybe the president and his girlfriend could stop violating their oath of office. Many options here.
SO recusing himself or not, this case had no chance of an unbiased decision by this JC.
An appeal was inevitable.
You have my prediction.
Care to wager?

wide load

How'd you scumbags make out at your cult meeting? Did you plan on trying to get any other members fired during an election? Then claim you were wronged during an election? But forget you held up the process 2 months to try to pass by the delegates election? Tell Paffy I said

:image deleted by cheryl, reason: profanity:

Last edited by a moderator:

LeadBelly

Banned
IMG_4045.JPG

Takeback251

You keep thinking UA is the only one in the running, I've personally talked to several people that would rather have no union at all...I remember the days when people were proud to be part of local 251, proud to wear the union jacket and attend meetings..Ua turned it into a circus and refuse to recognize that they have done serious damage to the pride of local 251.We are laughed at, people shake Thier heads saying "what a shame" .our local should be a legacy to hand down to other generations, not destroy where doors are shut in our faces because of the Fowel mouth liars, inexperienced,condescending poor excuses of an administration we have now..I voted UA last election figured we needed fresh blood hungry agents that would build our local not destroy it..I don't know who I'm voting for but I can promise you it's not UA and there are many members behind me with support on this one....

Its terrible. No one cares anymore, they're embarrassed by this TDU driven administration. Monthly meetings used to be a full house. Now, 30-50 members tops. Shameful.
If you care about your future and the future of 251 VOTE these bums out.

Gimme Danger

Monthly meetings were 5 minutes with barely a quorum until UA started getting people there. Then they were 5 minutes and packed. The last 3 years have been long informative meetings, with consistently good crowds. Not sure what meetings you go to, I go to almost all of them.
There are events over the summer for members too.
I do know that the constant threat of disruption and grandstanding by the old guys gets on my nerves.

wide load

Monthly meetings were 5 minutes with barely a quorum until UA started getting people there. Then they were 5 minutes and packed. The last 3 years have been long informative meetings, with consistently good crowds. Not sure what meetings you go to, I go to almost all of them.
I do know that the constant threat of disruption and grandstanding by the old guys gets on my nerves.
Now it's, "If you speak up, we will call the cops."

Gimme Danger

Learn the rules of order at meetings. People have threatened disruptions at meetings because they pout like children and are bullies that haven't gotten their way.
Next time a member may just file an Article 19 charge. Do you prefer that?

Takeback251

Packed? seriously? There wasn't 50 people at the meeting the day after nominations last month. No one cares. "you go to almost all of them"...You know we have fantastic vision care coverage. Maybe you need glasses.