Whats the buzz in management?

U

UPS UPS UPS

How can a company survive without good managment?

How can a company have good management if the job is not attractive to good people?

In the last few years the following have changed for management:

1)Reduction of medical benefits and increased out of pocket costs
2) Restricted stock awards (MIP)
3) Restructuring to reduce the number of managment people and increase responsibility
4) Tution reinbursement reductions and restrictions
5) MIP reduction (earlier formula was directly related to profit, current method does not increase with profits)

A new sup makes about the same as his hourly counterparts. Most of the financial incentives have been reduced, eliminated of have become uncertain for management.

Now the rumor of reduction of retirement benefits seems to be nearing reality.

What is the incentive to become part of management at UPS?

Do you think the management sucks now?

What do you think it will be like when the rest of the incentives are gone?

Present management losers will stay, future losers will get promoted, and the good management people will go where there are good incentives.

Packages will continue to move and volume will increase as internet and worldwide trade increases. UPS or FedX or DHL or some other company will be there to move them. We will all have a job somewhere.

The question is, where will the good people be employed?

Wherever that is, is where we will see success in moving packages. Success is not in the trucks or belts or buildings. It's in the quality of the people, both management and hourly.

At the rate UPS is going there won't be many good people left before long.

wornoutupser

Back to the original post, what was the "buzz"?

We never heard any rumors this way about the management buyout or any other buyouts. Any new news out there?

U

UPS UPS UPS

I would expect the new news to be announced with the earnings report on Tuesday

wkmac

Kentucky UPSer said:
Rumor has it a huge announcement in 2 weeks about management, anyone have a clue what this is about?

The announcement is yet to come (now 3 weeks later) so the only thing "huge" here is the imagination of Col. Sanders who started this thread or his ability to try and stir the pot with absolutely nothing. With 2 pages of posts I'd say he stirred it pretty good!
:lol:

" he beat you with nothing.....I mean nothing! Move over and let me sit next to my boy Luke. Coolhand Luke!"

L

Loadstand

The poster that said something big is coming in the next two weeks may not have been that far off.....if you have heard recently, the pension reform bill was expected to get finalized the last week or two...perhaps the plan was to have the pension thing in stone combined with the fact that soemone knew we would piss off the "street"...what better way to announce tweaking the mgmt pension plan when you can blame it on the feds, the weaker than expected earnings and the upcoming teamsters contract....

Perhaps the other message recently started on the pension plan shows what is in store....right now, I am feeling like this company has begun its' slow death....we are the high cost provider and like the Mcdonald's of the fast food business and the GM of the auto business....it is a shame because I feel we pay the drivers and other hourly employees what they deserve and the competition is getting away with murder....and the management is taking he brunt right now....