Whats the buzz in management?

It`s a driver buyout,finally. It`s really smart if you look at it from a long term. 500k for a driver to walk away,period. It may seem like a lot of money but if you figure most drivers are making 70k+ a year its only a little over 7 years salary,when benifit costs are factored in it drops to 3 1/2 years expense on the companys behalf. When you look at the fact they can replace them with non union 10 dollar an hour slaves it pays for itself even faster. Start at the seniority top and take 20% each year and in 5 years it`s a whole new company.

trickpony1

Sounds like a good idea but by the time the bought-out driver takes it in the "wallet" for taxes, not much is left. Full coverage insurance might sweeten the offer.

Wouldn't such an offer be a really big "write off" for the company?

B

bsu2112

The BUZZ for MGT is this: IT is called the RULE of 62. IF you were born after 1962 your new retirement age is 62....There are is some mintuae and details and legaleze (ie there is a formula for early retirement but you will pay huge beni premiums and your pension will be cut significantly every year prior to age 62....BUt there you go

upsdude

double_standard said:
NO residential paid send agains.
I can see it getting to the point that we make one delivery attempt and if its a non driver realease pkg,the cust has one other option.They must go pick it up at the nearest UPS store,or the closest center customer counter.UPS used to be customer friendly,but greed,in the upper management levels and the advent of increased productivity has brought us down to a new level.
I think we could get by with no sups as well if they let us start at 7:30
AM...as long as preload does thier job we would have time to adjust and dispatch ourselves and do it in 9.5

I don't think we will ever see "1 attempt", but I think 2 attempts are plenty. I will say that 1 attempt should be the limit on CODs. Shippers could be given an option of 1 attempt then Will Call on cash CODs. If they want 3 attempts, make them pay an increased COD fee.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
cachsux said:
It`s a driver buyout,finally. It`s really smart if you look at it from a long term. 500k for a driver to walk away,period. It may seem like a lot of money but if you figure most drivers are making 70k+ a year its only a little over 7 years salary,when benifit costs are factored in it drops to 3 1/2 years expense on the companys behalf. When you look at the fact they can replace them with non union 10 dollar an hour slaves it pays for itself even faster. Start at the seniority top and take 20% each year and in 5 years it`s a whole new company.

Take a poll, I would take a buy out..............

BSUUPS

HERE IS THE BUZZ...Management Pension plan is changing-but not in 2 weeks,... will be announced "2 weeks" after ERI. It is the Rule of 62. If you were born after 62 your new retirement age will now be (you guessed it) 62!..There is some fine print and legaleze, but that is the deal in a nutshell. You can still leave after 55 with some limited benefits and pension, but it is severely penalized. Fortunately I was born in 59 so I am all good...ALL I can say (wihtout losing my job) is that this is on a good source. The details are sketchy but the Rule of 62 is inevitable.

DS

Fenderbender
As for that $500k,wouldn`t at least half go to the government?
It works out to about 4 years pay.Tooner,you better have some money stashed or maybe apply at fedex to supplement your income.

N

nkprescott

Management was not allowed to leak this out, but even their most clandestine ways have failed. The buzz is that every center manager is required to collect a DNA sample for cloning of the very best drivers, you know the ones who work off the clock, never take lunches or breaks and never say "no" to more work and keep coming back for more. In a perfect world my own personal wish would be that every member of management is to receive a lobotomy and install new emotions like empathy, truthfulness, and most of all the ability to recognize reality.

tieguy

Banned
I got the inside word today on the rumor. They are increasing the size of the xmas bird by 3 pounds and adding a box of stove top this year.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tieguy, Thats good.
I would take the buyout, invest it well and go to work somewhere else. Im not stupid, I know it wouldnt last long, but it would be a cushion to start over.

wkmac

tieguy said:
I got the inside word today on the rumor. They are increasing the size of the xmas bird by 3 pounds and adding a box of stove top this year.

:lol: :lol:

That's a good one!!!!!
:thumbup1:

But it has a twist you left out. The original post that started this thread said this rumor would effect management only. So the real truth is since Glenlake has sliced and diced your bennies and MIP from what it was in the past, this is Glenlake's way of throwing you a bone. A Turkey bone!
:wink:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hell, why don't they give us a Honeybaked Ham instead of a Turkey? We used to get a turkey and a $1000.00 bonus at Christmas. (660.00 after taxes)

brownieboy

"They are increasing the size of the xmas bird by 3 pounds..."

LOL that would mean twice as much bird. Im getting the oven ready now!

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
sendagain said:
Well why not just open warehouses in cities and have the packages set out in aisles like Walmart? You could notify the customer when their packages arrived, have the facility open about 18 hours a day and let them come down and pick up their stuff. Large accounts could pay extra for personal delivery, and customers out of the way could pay for a driver to take them their package. The delivery fleet could be cut in half, and you just might be able to mechanize a large portion of the system with robots. Maybe you could just push a button and your packages would come down a chute right to your car. Just send an email to anyone getting a package and let them stop by the UPS terminal at their convenience. Maybe even put in a foodcourt and some theatres.

You just sent a chill down my spine ... oh wait i'm in feeder now ..sounds okay to me. lol