What's The Frequency Kenneth?

bacha29

This evening I had a couple of old friends at Express call me and ask if I had watched the recent Route Consultants video that Zeev had posted last week and thank you sir. I told them that I in fact watched it and they asked if I was able to glean any clues from the narrators comments that could serve to help give them some direction as it pertained to their own future. I told them that there wasn't many clues or insight coming from the comments in the video because the two guys in the video were just as dumbfounded and uniformed as everyone else.

This type of corporate behavior by FDX is both unprofessional and unacceptable . Each passing day is one day closer to the conversion deadline and they still haven't been given any of the direct information they are entitled to. So all I could tell them was to get their affairs in order in the same manner they would if they had been told that they have Stage 4 terminal cancer.

Managers in this environment are Judas goats. Their job is to keep the sheep thinking that everything is normal no danger is on the horizon but at the same time get them positioned in a way so as to make it easy for the corporate snipers to pick them off one at a time.

Mutineer

This type of corporate behavior by FDX is both unprofessional and unacceptable .
Managers in this environment are Judas goats. Their job is to keep the sheep thinking that everything is normal no danger is on the horizon but at the same time get them positioned in a way so as to make it easy for the corporate snipers to pick them off one at a time

That describes a few workplaces I have had.

That is what management weenies and HR critters are supposed to do; and they do it all the time.

You cant blame a viper for being a viper. It's what they're on this planet for.

All a sweaty grunt can do is know his place and watch his step.

Status quo, business as usual.

bacha29

To be accurate, the guy who mugged Dan Rather ranted while doing it: Kenneth, what is the frequency?
And it served as the inspiration behind the REM song: "What's The Frequency. Kenneth" .It's about the inability to dial into the frequency of today's public discourse.

The same thing is what is happening at Express. Managers will talk and talk and talk until their dentures fall out and by design never give employees direct answers to direct questions regarding the future of their employment. The constant talk about nothing while never staying on one frequency long enough for the ordinary employee dial it in and acquire actionable intelligence sufficient to know what's going to happen tomorrow.

Meat

And it served as the inspiration behind the REM song: "What's The Frequency. Kenneth" .It's about the inability to dial into the frequency of today's public discourse.

The same thing is what is happening at Express. Managers will talk and talk and talk until their dentures fall out and by design never give employees direct answers to direct questions regarding the future of their employment. The constant talk about nothing while never staying on one frequency long enough for the ordinary employee dial it in and acquire actionable intelligence sufficient to know what's going to happen tomorrow.

They should have quit making albums in 1996.

Meat

Not an accurate interpretation of the song, but not entirely off base I suppose.

bacha29

Music historians have called R.E.M's music "alternative rock". That's not the issue. The issue is the absence of the candor and straight talk long serving Express employees deserve to hear. Given the absence of hard facts and a clean exit path and the generic way Prime Weasel talks, it's like by the time employees have found the broadcast frequency and dial it in Prime Weasel has jumped to another frequency leaving the employees to have go hunt for it.

But if you wanted to compare it to another song perhaps an even more fitting one would be :
Wall of Voodoo's.....Mexican Radio.