What's the latest on Amazon?

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm guessing if anyone on this forum is a Wall Street guru, they wouldn't be pushing cardboard for a living.;)

There will be less of us pushing cardboard for a living at UPS if Amazon has their way. So many suits maybe jumping ship because they see the writing on the wall. They know that less teamsters also means less metrics monkeys will be needed.

CharleyHustle

Everything UPS has done or implemented in the last 10-15 years has centered on eliminating hourly employees. If helping Amazon helps UPS in this effort, I think it will happen. One of the biggest falsehoods is that your boss or his boss or any boss actually cares weather you have a job or not.

Overpaid Union Thug

Everything UPS has done or implemented in the last 10-15 years has centered on eliminating hourly employees. If helping Amazon helps UPS in this effort, I think it will happen. One of the biggest falsehoods is that your boss or his boss or any boss actually cares weather you have a job or not.
I don't think anyone would disagree with that. But I'll expand on it......... Everything they do is actually meant to increase stock performance. Even it means losing volume, customers, and those pesky workers.

Overpaid Union Thug

Why wouldn't we jump ship?

I'd like to say that because you should want to stick around and help make your current employer more successful but, given the nature of UPS management, then I'd be the laughing stock of the board. LOL! But even with that not being a factor the problem is that corporate UPS fosters a culture where their management people are reactive instead of proactive and therefore they end up being the type of individuals who make sudden decisions based on knee jerk reactions instead of proactive, informed, intelligent, logical decisions that will get better results. So yea.....why wouldn't you jump ship?

Last edited: