What's wrong with the retirement Dept?

quad decade guy

I highly doubt they accepted it but what do you recommend they do?

Well...I have to think there is some sort of appeal process. Not knowing the details(only going

on what little there is) I'd start there. If there was some sort of glitch not receiving paperwork

that was sent, it seems this could be corrected. Now trying to retro something made in

bad judgement is another story i.e. trying to save a buck. If a mistake(by the retiree)

(not deliberate actions) was made, it should be correctable. Having done some initial

inquiries about retirement, I can see how it could go terribly wrong. Our HR dept.(whatever

that is) could give a crap about anything except racial/me too bs. They are the same bored

with contempt people you encounter in Dispatch, Automotive,Payroll and P.E. My inquiries were

met with such nebulous indifference, I gave up until I'm absolutely ready. I've been

told give it 60 days. And as I sit, I have no real amount figures. I have no idea.

If I ask even newly retired co-workers(who I've worked beside for 30 years), it's like a

secret Masonic handshake kinda deal. Weird. The biggest thing I don't understand is

this guy gets $800 more than book etc. Why, I ask? Well because of this, that, he was before

that contract etc.

542thruNthru

Perhaps contact your state's Insurance Commission.

Is there printed, and published, language allowing for the denial of benefits as explained in post #5 or is it just "inferred"?

I plan on getting more info on how exactly and why this happen. I was just as stunned as everyone.

trickpony1

I know some drivers that sent all their retirement papers by USPS Certified Mail RRR (return receipt requested).

The company can't say, "we didn't get that" when the post office says you did.

It's cheap insurance to CYA.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Well...I have to think there is some sort of appeal process. Not knowing the details(only going

on what little there is) I'd start there. If there was some sort of glitch not receiving paperwork

that was sent, it seems this could be corrected. Now trying to retro something made in

bad judgement is another story i.e. trying to save a buck. If a mistake(by the retiree)

(not deliberate actions) was made, it should be correctable. Having done some initial

inquiries about retirement, I can see how it could go terribly wrong. Our HR dept.(whatever

that is) could give a crap about anything except racial/me too bs. They are the same bored

with contempt people you encounter in Dispatch, Automotive,Payroll and P.E. My inquiries were

met with such nebulous indifference, I gave up until I'm absolutely ready. I've been

told give it 60 days. And as I sit, I have no real amount figures. I have no idea.

If I ask even newly retired co-workers(who I've worked beside for 30 years), it's like a

secret Masonic handshake kinda deal. Weird. The biggest thing I don't understand is

this guy gets $800 more than book etc. Why, I ask? Well because of this, that, he was before

that contract etc.
It almost sounds like no one wants to talk to you. Weird.

browndevil

Word of warning to everyone retiring.

Make sure you dot all your i's and cross all your t's. Make sure every document you need to have done has been recieved or processed.

In the west we have to send a certificate of retirement to our healthcare. We recently had two drivers that retired and this certificate was never recieved. They now have no retirement healthcare because of it. They were forced to buy it on the market.
It comes in the packet and has a green boarder. I just retired 4 months ago

browndevil

why wait 6 weeks? all you have to do is call your local and request an interview with a pension rep. they came to our local once a month. I went when i was about 3 years from retiring to get an idea of what my pension was and get an approximate date to go out.

that's what they did in Reno anyway.
Local 533 Debbie C. is the Sec treas. She's a great knowledgeable woman

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yep! She and her husband. She actually got the former Sec. Treas.to pay back some of the money he embezzled if I'm not mistaken?
I'm not sure. I asked her husband but he was close mouthed about it. Been retired almost 5 years now from feeder and very rarely see anyone from the hub anymore. Sometimes at Costco or the credit union. I do stop by the shop once or twice a year to BS with the mechanics who were always my favorite people.
Are you in feeder? I knew the center manager , Phil C. when he was a lowly supe. Wasnt surprised on him making it. He is a good guy. Spoke to Nick in dispatch and Randy ( payroll guy ). Randy is cool and gives me all the updates on who retired etc.
Mark got what was coming to him. he told me that i would never get transferred to Reno but when i did he was pissed and would never help me when ihad grievances. well,he helped a little but was still a jerk.

ikoi62

Weeks? Try days. I got a letter within days from wr177 saying I had no coverage for the week prior (of which was all scheduled off).
But you won't get a letter saying you're back in good graces. Those guys should've known something was up.

Speaking of wr177, what is the healthcare like for retirees? I'm decades away but I'm interested in knowing the options. Do they have to pay weekly or monthly? Is it like our regular wr177 coverage, which you can't compare with anything (it's beyond excellent)? Or is it similar to regular but less coverage %?
if you are decades away dont worry about it,it will probably change a lot by then. right now its $150 for single,$300 for married. im happy with the coverage. we pay monthly direct withdraw from your checking or savings. if you miss a payment your done. its not beyond excellent but its close. i have never had a problem so far.