What's Your DEX01 Count Going To Be Today?

MaineGroundDriver

I get to correctly deliver all sorts of pkgs. the ground guy on my route mis-delivers.

And several Ground drivers out of my terminal have made TONS of misdeliveries and had claims etc ..

I had, as far as I know, ONE misdelivery during the last month and a half, and I delivered it to the neighbor (114 instead of 116) .. I took care of it .. in my defense, the 114 had no number and the 116 had the 6 broken and I thought it was a broken 8 ..

Again, I know I'm probably in the 10% of ground drivers, but not all of us are braindead idiots and I'm sick of the high and mighty Express looking down upon me just because I have Green on my shirt and truck! GRR

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And several Ground drivers out of my terminal have made TONS of misdeliveries and had claims etc ..

I had, as far as I know, ONE misdelivery during the last month and a half, and I delivered it to the neighbor (114 instead of 116) .. I took care of it .. in my defense, the 114 had no number and the 116 had the 6 broken and I thought it was a broken 8 ..

Again, I know I'm probably in the 10% of ground drivers, but not all of us are braindead idiots and I'm sick of the high and mighty Express looking down upon me just because I have Green on my shirt and truck! GRR

We look down on you because you deserve to be looked down upon.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

That sounds reasonable enough. Take it easy. All us purple / orange dudes don't "look down" on all the ground dudes.

We look down on you because you deserve to be looked down upon.

You need to simma' down now.

vantexan

Considering I see most of these guys with double the volume I have, if they had half the volume, I bet they could learn real quick how to be an Eggspress dude.

All the more reason why they should be compensated better. We used to drive 700's full of boxes. Now Ground does, and we deliver cellphones. I don't think there's a UPS gene or an Express gene. Only a willingness to work and plenty of Ground drivers have that. You'd have to be willing to work considering the freight they handle, the hours they put in, for such paltry pay.

Last edited:

overflowed

Considering I see most of these guys with double the volume I have, if they had half the volume, I bet they could learn real quick how to be an Eggspress dude.

Not brain surgery for sure. Actually, we have a couple of ex contractors at our station now.

MaineGroundDriver

Sorry for getting so worked up over a few posts on the internet. But the attitude exists out on the road as well. I don't disagree that the majority of ground drivers couldn't cut it at express. Some of us could. And although I'm just a vendor for Fred and not a true fdx employee I still try to promote a positive image for the brand and provide top notch service to my customers

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
so don't act like you care about them 'cause you don't. It's all self-centered ego stroke.

I don't like to see anybody exploited. I'm just pointing-out that most of them couldn't perform in the Express environment. You care enough to fill your pockets at their expense.

Goldilocks

Everyone loves our Ground Driver that comes to our station. We have a popcorn machine and he use to help himself and make popcorn everyday. He is a good guy..

bbsam

Staff member
I don't like to see anybody exploited. I'm just pointing-out that most of them couldn't perform in the Express environment. You care enough to fill your pockets at their expense.

they do better than alot of college grads I know.

vantexan

no. K to 12 teachers. Social workers. That sort of thing.

Show me a K through 12 teacher making less than $15hr and I'll show you a new teacher in a very poor district. But that teacher makes it on about 10 months a year, will get future raises, and has healthcare and retirement. My brother, who also preaches, is a social worker with a salary of $29k a year. But he drives all over west Tennessee, gets 51 cents a mile which adds up to more than his salary and it's tax free. If you are looking for workers who make less than your drivers you'll have to look at retail employees and fast food workers.

vantexan

You don't know how much my drivers make apparently.

I've got a rough idea what most Ground drivers make, but if you pay more great. But how much do they make an hour after you divide their gross pay by the number of hrs they work? Any OT, paid time off, healthcare?

bbsam

Staff member
I've got a rough idea what most Ground drivers make, but if you pay more great. But how much do they make an hour after you divide their gross pay by the number of hrs they work? Any OT, paid time off, healthcare?
I pay them enough to keep coming back year after year.