When do operational needs apply

bacha29

Operational can cite direct experience, of which you have none.
However indispensable to that company you might have yourself believing you are ......nobody is indispensable and your standing with that company is only as good as the strength and protection of the labor law backing you. And given the structure and design of the Express operation.......you don't have much of it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
However indispensable to that company you might have yourself believing you are ......nobody is indispensable and your standing with that company is only as good as the strength and protection of the labor law backing you. And given the structure and design of the Express operation.......you don't have much of it.
Lol. You always have to have the last word whether you know what you’re talking about or not.

MassWineGuy

1) To the o.p.: Please use the return key more often in your posts. Makes it easier to read.

2) Good idea on citing official policy. Where can I find it?

3) HR can definitely take managers’ egos down a notch if they ask you to do something crazy or plain wrong.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Don't know about the governing legal authority, but a call to HR can usually take care of most issues when the policy is clear and the employee is in the right.
When you have one HR guy that covers 20 some stations, Ahhh.....I don't think so.

Thanks for the BS story though.

bacha29

When you have one HR guy that covers 20 some stations, Ahhh.....I don't think so.

Thanks for the BS story though.
If you want to know everything there is to know about an HR manager you only need to look at who's letterhead his paycheck is written on. They are NOT independent arbiters.....Never have been....Never will be......And they are definitely NOT on your side.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people on here who wrongly believe that they are. They exist for one reason and that reason is to reinforce the iron fisted will and absolute power of that corporation.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's not a theory you dip.

Oh, of course not, LOL!

You seem to think HR cares about managers. HR doesn't give a flip about managers or couriers or anyone else. Their only concern is seeing that policies are properly followed; sometimes because they believe that such consistency is essential to a thriving workplace, sometimes because they think they are the only ones who really understand the letter and spirit of our policies and want to show off.

Either way, they don't care about either side when it comes to the awarding of additional hours or scheduling swings on Saturdays. You're such a horribly uninformed and ignorant dope.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Oh, of course not, LOL!

You seem to think HR cares about managers. HR doesn't give a flip about managers or couriers or anyone else. Their only concern is seeing that policies are properly followed; sometimes because they believe that such consistency is essential to a thriving workplace, sometimes because they think they are the only ones who really understand the letter and spirit of our policies and want to show off.

Either way, they don't care about either side when it comes to the awarding of additional hours or scheduling swings on Saturdays. You're such a horribly uninformed and ignorant dope.
And how much prior experience in HR do you have?

bacha29

Dano, you're simply repeating what I already said. They are hired to reinforce policy. Acquiring those skills is the purpose for which they were sent to the academy Those who graduate from the academy with top honors become HR managers. And the only way insignificant little you and those like you have any chance of prevailing is if you've got them on a labor law or civil rights violation. Again, you're only as good as the extent to which you've got the rule of law backing you.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Dano, you're simply repeating what I already said. They are hired to reinforce policy. Acquiring those skills is the purpose for which they were sent to the academy Those who graduate from the academy with top honors become HR managers. And the only way insignificant little you and those like you have any chance of prevailing is if you've got them on a labor law or civil rights violation. Again, you're only as good as the extent to which you've got the rule of law backing you.
So there you have it! HR enforces the written policy of the company.
Written policy is legal and binding.

Glad you agree.

bacha29

So there you have it! HR enforces the written policy of the company.
Written policy is legal and binding.

Glad you agree.
Translation: At Fedex you're guilty until you can somehow prove yourself innocent and given that you're chances are about .00001% you might as well call it quits rather than give Simon Legree the pleasure of firing you.

In the past there was somewhat of a fair trade off. Respectable wages and benefits in exchange for military like discipline and subjugation. It would appear that the trade off is going away replaced with part timers on fast food wages and zero benefits.

Express is starting to look more and more like Ground everyday with 3 guys on every truck. One coming. one driving and one leaving.

zeev

They let you win a few minor points to make people believe they have some rights. When it comes to something serious they do whatever they want. Express will become more like ground next year.

59 Dano

Translation: At Fedex you're guilty until you can somehow prove yourself innocent and given that you're chances are about .00001% you might as well call it quits rather than give Simon Legree the pleasure of firing you.

In the past there was somewhat of a fair trade off. Respectable wages and benefits in exchange for military like discipline and subjugation. It would appear that the trade off is going away replaced with part timers on fast food wages and zero benefits.

Express is starting to look more and more like Ground everyday with 3 guys on every truck. One coming. one driving and one leaving.

Do you make this stuff up or is someone feeding you this nonsense about this company that you never worked for and probably couldn't pass the hiring process anyway?

59 Dano

"[h]ired to reinforce policy." Yes. That means that when the policy favors the company, they reinforce it to the benefit of the company. It also means that when the policy favors the hourly employee, they reinforce it to the benefit of the hourly employee.

I suppose you have a problem with that.

bacha29

"[h]ired to reinforce policy." Yes. That means that when the policy favors the company, they reinforce it to the benefit of the company. It also means that when the policy favors the hourly employee, they reinforce it to the benefit of the hourly employee.

I suppose you have a problem with that.
Oh, I'm certain that the policy will benefit the hourly in a manner that is fair and balanced. Yes sir, no doubt about it. About as fair and balanced as Fox News.