When do you get your Pension check ?

Vette51

Do you get your pension check ahead or behind ? SS pays behind, curious about pension. If you retired Jan 31st for instance would you get your pension check Feb 1 or Feb 28 ?

Do you get your pension check ahead or behind ? SS pays behind, curious about pension. If you retired Jan 31st for instance would you get your pension check Feb 1 or Feb 28 ?
Where I'm at the pension check only gets cut on the first of the month. Maybe some of the retired guys on here could tell you

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I retired 6/22/18 and didn't receive my first two checks until 8/1/18. They held the first month to make sure UPS paid all of my paid time and I got both July and August on 8/1.

They usually deposit ours on the last day of the month for the following month.

rod

Retired 22 years
I retired 6/22/18 and didn't receive my first two checks until 8/1/18. They held the first month to make sure UPS paid all of my paid time and I got both July and August on 8/1.

They usually deposit ours on the last day of the month for the following month.
I remember 6/22/18. That was the day you had been bragging about for months about getting a $6,000 a month pension and leaving Brown Café for good because retired people should move on.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
My buddies claim you want to retire last day of month after you hit your earliest full retirement date. It's called double dipping. So yes, if your last day was January 31st. You get a check February 1st... it won't hit the bank until they open so maybe in your account the 2nd of February.

A retired fireman I know always gets his pension the last day of the month. He gets a whopping $77k for 33-years of service.

Somebody might correct me on this, yet what I gathered is say you decided to work until February 3rd instead of January 31st. If you would of worked just a couple more days then your first pension check would of been March 1st. So you did good brother. You double dipped! That reminds me. You know olroadbeech?

She's retired... she knows. Just don't tell her you stayed a few extra years after your earliest retirement date to pad your income.

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
SS comes around the 25th. On that it depends on when you apply and when you are approved I think.

both are direct deposit as well as tax refunds and stimulus checks .haha

we get email alerts for every bank transaction so it's always fun when you see that DD email.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Say what year Corvette do you have? Engine? I told myself I'd always have one and never got past 1:18 scale.

You have a picture of the ol' gurl to share?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have a picture of the ol' gurl to share?

Sure do:

52145.jpg