When is start time tomorrow?

RTCD

Seriously, our start times keep changing day to day and they are NOT posted anywhere in the center ever. I’m guessing 8am, but maybe it’s 8:30 or 8:45 or 8:15.

We had two days last week where the start time was 9:10 (announced at PCM the day prior) and they decided to go ahead and start at 9:00. Despite the fact drivers were still walking in the door.

Is this normal?

RTCD

Thanks! Maybe I’ll just show up for 9:10 start and see how well that goes, lol. 8:00 starts are the best if preload is wrapped; makes the entire day seem easier.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Where I am in Atlanta, Package Drivers in my Hub usually start at 8:30AM on Monday and 9:00 Tuesday thru Friday. Monday Air packages come in Saturday, so the Preload can get finished earlier than the rest of the week. Bad weather and heavy volume in the system can affect Start times too. We are usually told before we clock out about start time changes by DIAD messages or texts from our Supervisors. I think the contract states that we are supposed to get a 24 hour notice about changes. I don't walk in the door at the last minute due to a 27 mile commute, it's a good idea to plan ahead like any adult will do.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Seriously, our start times keep changing day to day and they are NOT posted anywhere in the center ever. I’m guessing 8am, but maybe it’s 8:30 or 8:45 or 8:15.

We had two days last week where the start time was 9:10 (announced at PCM the day prior) and they decided to go ahead and start at 9:00. Despite the fact drivers were still walking in the door.

Is this normal?
Start times need to be posted or they are the same as the previous week.

Need 24 hours notice to change the start time here.

ManInBrown

You can’t announce a start time change at the PCM the day before. Lol. What local are you in? Here the following weeks times have to bet set by the Friday of the prior week.

KOG72

I’m full of it

Is this normal?
Should’ve texted your ORS or called him around midnight and wake his butt up

DOK

You can’t announce a start time change at the PCM the day before. Lol. What local are you in? Here the following weeks times have to bet set by the Friday of the prior week.

We have to get that in our next supplement, start times posted on Friday for the following week. It goes day to day here and the announce it at the PCM the day before, ridiculous.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Start times need to be posted or they are the same as the previous week.

Need 24 hours notice to change the start time here.
Central Region Supplement:

Article 12
Section 4
A full-time seniority employee’s uniform starting time must be scheduled and posted by the end of the shift of their last scheduled work day of the preceding workweek for the following workweek. In areas where the Union and the Employer agree, the start time shall be uniform except where the Employer is able to schedule an earlier start time for the package driver employees on Mondays or days after holidays, when merchandise is available for dispatch. If the Employer switches an employee’s workweek from Monday through Friday, to Tuesday through Saturday, he/she shall be allowed to exercise his/her seniority.
Part-time employee’s start times must be posted by the end of the shift of their last scheduled workday of the preceding work week.

No changes short of an Act of God.

old levi's

blank space
Where I am in Atlanta, Package Drivers in my Hub usually start at 8:30AM on Monday and 9:00 Tuesday thru Friday. Monday Air packages come in Saturday, so the Preload can get finished earlier than the rest of the week. Bad weather and heavy volume in the system can affect Start times too. We are usually told before we clock out about start time changes by DIAD messages or texts from our Supervisors. I think the contract states that we are supposed to get a 24 hour notice about changes. I don't walk in the door at the last minute due to a 27 mile commute, it's a good idea to plan ahead like any adult will do.

We had one driver that would routinely show up for work during the pcm while buttoning his shirt.
Then he would start asking others if he could borrow a pen.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Is this normal?
In my local start times can only be changed once a week. The start time has to be posted the Friday before.