When is start time tomorrow?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Central Region Supplement:

Article 12
Section 4
A full-time seniority employee’s uniform starting time must be scheduled and posted by the end of the shift of their last scheduled work day of the preceding workweek for the following workweek. In areas where the Union and the Employer agree, the start time shall be uniform except where the Employer is able to schedule an earlier start time for the package driver employees on Mondays or days after holidays, when merchandise is available for dispatch. If the Employer switches an employee’s workweek from Monday through Friday, to Tuesday through Saturday, he/she shall be allowed to exercise his/her seniority.
Part-time employee’s start times must be posted by the end of the shift of their last scheduled workday of the preceding work week.

No changes short of an Act of God.
I believe it’s in our local rider. I know that’s what we’ve been told by stewards and BA for years.

It essentially means they can’t change it the day before.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Start times need to be posted or they are the same as the previous week.

Need 24 hours notice to change the start time here.
Is that a local condition, that has been reduced to writing and agreed to by

your Local Union ?
I believe it’s in our local rider. I know that’s what we’ve been told by stewards and BA for years.

It essentially means they can’t change it the day before.
Now I'm really confused....

Isn't "24 hours notice" pretty much the same as "the day before"???

....and @BigUnionGuy wouldn't that be a lessor condition contained in a forward agreement, making it an Article 2 violation of the National Master?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Now I'm really confused....

Isn't "24 hours notice" pretty much the same as "the day before"???

....and @BigUnionGuy wouldn't that be a lessor condition contained in a forward agreement, making it an Article 2 violation of the National Master?
Sorry yes if they want to change the start time later they could. If it’s earlier it’s under 24 hours.

Only time i have seen them do it is weather emergencies.

Our center works like this...
Start time... changes right up to 15 minutes before hand. Sometimes they tell you the time but then start the belts 15 minutes beforehand.
Break Time.... varies every day so you can never get ready for it. They want you to do that extra 1 minute of work you are in the middle of so you actually only get a 9 minute break.
Punch Out... Whenever... nobody cares..

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
My phone is very unreliable, never seems to get calls or texts from work!

Don't be an idiot. Start at the effective time according to your contract, not earlier, not later, let them fix their own crap.
Take all breaks, lunches. I am not a fan of people who take lunch at the worst possible moment but don't wait until the end of the day.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Western:
-Start time is posted the prior friday for the next week
-FT, with 24 hours notice, can have start time adjusted with additional overtime for the difference.
-PT cannot be adjusted except in "emergency situations"

lolbr

Same here. They can only change it in an emergency. And if they ask you to come in earlier than the posted time it's OT.
Just make sure they don't pay you 8 hours straight time after that overtime. If you come in 45 minutes early to help, you should not have more than 7 hours 15 minutes of straight time for the day.

oldngray

nowhere special
Just make sure they don't pay you 8 hours straight time after that overtime. If you come in 45 minutes early to help, you should not have more than 7 hours 15 minutes of straight time for the day.
That can happen but most of the time you also have OT at the end of the day so it doesn't end up making any difference.

lolbr

That can happen but most of the time you also have OT at the end of the day so it doesn't end up making any difference.
That's my point. Overtime is time worked in excess of 8 hours in a day. Early start is also overtime. So if you work a 10 hour day (with a 45 minute early start), you should still only have 7 hours and 15 minutes of straight time for the day.

oldngray

nowhere special
That's my point. Overtime is time worked in excess of 8 hours in a day. Early start is also overtime. So if you work a 10 hour day (with a 45 minute early start), you should still only have 7 hours and 15 minutes of straight time for the day.
No. You get 45 minutes of OT in the morning, then after your scheduled start time you get 8 hours of straight pay, then you start getting more OT. Your 10 hour day would still be 2 hours OT and 8 hours straight time pay.

It does make a difference if you have a light dispatch. Which doesn't usually happen.

RTCD

** Update ** Start time was 8:30.

Southern supplement.

Start time tomorrow is 9:10; Wed, Thu, Fri unknown (prob 9:10?).

RTCD

I was just posting about not being given a start time and how ours fluctuate from day to day. No big deal really, just annoying having to come in earlier in case the time gets bumped up.

lolbr

No. You get 45 minutes of OT in the morning, then after your scheduled start time you get 8 hours of straight pay, then you start getting more OT. Your 10 hour day would still be 2 hours OT and 8 hours straight time pay.

It does make a difference if you have a light dispatch. Which doesn't usually happen.
My mistake, I misremembered where I read it. It's a Central Supplement thing. Not sure if it's in other supplements.

542thruNthru

I disagree.

OT is paid after 8 hours of work. The Amount you're paid during the 8 hours does not effect that.